Coaster36

Why is 651 white fighting me so much?

Monday I unpacked my new 6000-60 and did a few quick test cuts getting the blade set up. Cuts perfect! Run a few scraps through to knock out some small jobs, cuts perfect! Now I have another small job to do, intricate cut, actually the same design as I cut on the other scraps but now I'm using a maybe 1 month old roll of 651 white. And I can not get the glue to separate on this damn roll. I did two runs and upped the pressure to try and get it to separate, no joy. I'm leaving a mark in the backing  probably too deep but I'm desperate right now.  When I try and weed it the glue hangs up and pulls all the detail with it. Its driving me crazy. I can weed the other colors in 15 seconds, im going through a whole country song trying to do one in white. I think the graphtec blade is so thin it lets the glue flow back together. 

Is there anything I can do? Anyone have any tips? Run into this before? I never really had a problem like this on my other cutter but the blade on that thing is about the size of a pencil compared to the graphtec.

Have you tried slowing that speed down?....   I have cut old white 651 and never have a problem.  but I don't use speed over 5-6. for anything.  or I wouldn't have time to help here..  I answer questions, when I am cutting.    LOL 

All of my vinyl colors cut the same .  I make no adjustments.

With my 6000, I usually cut my white (and all colors) at a speed of 10, sometimes slower.  Pressure is always 13 for 651 for me, but of course that'll depend on your blade depth.  I don't really see why it should matter if all your other colors are cutting well.  Possibly a bad roll?  Was it the first time you used that roll of white?

This must be a bad roll. I used some old scrap white to test the blade and it seemed to weed fine. I dont think it came from this roll. Ill try slowing it down to 5 and try another cut. I didnt even think speed would cause this. Lifting maybe. 

Well looks like my roll is bad. I did another run of multiple decals and these are doing the same thing. Ill have to call my supplier and see if they had any other complaints from this run. Then Ill call oracle and see if they can replace my roll. 

Im not using a graphtec (wish i was lol) but, I just did a bunch of 3' windshield decals yesterday in 651 white with no issues. Must be a bad batch or a bad roll.

I do a lot of fine detail on Oracal 651 white with my Graphtec,, almost every day, I never have problems. Weeds great. no extra adhesive.  Your in Florida.  maybe that roll got hot, some where...

Looks like it was just the first few feet of that roll. Seems to be weeding a lot better now. 

I called my supplier and they haven't heard of any complaints lately and I called oracal and talked to tech support, really nice guy real helpful but they had not heard of any complaints either. 

Andrew, Congrats on the new plotter.  Glad to hear you got the 651 problem sorted.