MadHatterGraphix

UV vinyl?

First I have searched the forum and not really getting much information from the web so I came to you great people. I'm after UV activated vinyl if it even exists? I know there's glow in the dark but that's not what I'm after. I'm searching for colors that are activated by black light or something on that affect for a computer case decal. Any information would be great and appreciated.

Oracal 6510 is a fluorescent vinyl that is black light reactive.  There are other styles and brands available.

The problem is that none of them have a lengthy outdoor life - 6510 is only good for 6 or 12 months (depending on color) outdoors and it's $1.40 per square foot - 7510 is good for double that (12 or 24 months) and it is $2.65 per square foot.  There are cheaper versions available that aren't recommended at all for outdoor use - http://foxfiredistributing.com/index.php?cPath=90_91 and they're still over $1 per square foot.

It's out there, it's just meant to be used for short term signage or only used indoors.

I think he means a vinyl that will change color like the shirts that del sol sells when exposed to uv

He said he was looking for something for a computer case decal, so I assumed he meant adhesive vinyl...

I meant adhesive decal sorry I wasn't really specific late night typing fingers moved but mind wasn't sending all the info. I may try some neon. I was looking at some computer cases Mss and they have cables that eact to uv lights and glow. I was thinking that would be cool for a computer case decals sticker or whatever you want to call them lol. Maybe all I should do is get some transparent color into and use that to just shine a different color.

Dakota I'm interested in that vinyl for tshirts now thanks a lot.

I meant adhesive decal sorry I wasn't really specific late night typing fingers moved but mind wasn't sending all the info. I may try some neon. I was looking at some computer cases Mss and they have cables that eact to uv lights and glow. I was thinking that would be cool for a computer case decals sticker or whatever you want to call them lol. Maybe all I should do is get some transparent odor into and use that to just shine a different color.

Dakota I'm interested in that vinyl for tshirts now thanks a lot.

wow - I hate the odor you can see  ;D    you might also think about something like this for effects http://www.rosco.com/scenic/fluorescent.cfm

I just lettered my jeep in red fluorescent it just about glows in the dark. Would be wild under black light.

Jay

My computer case has a side window that is made of a clear, UV reactive plastic that glows blue-ish under a black light.  The front panel around the power/reset switches is also that same material.  I replaced the LED that shows HD activity with one that emits UV light instead and it made the whole front panel flicker whenever the HD was in use.  Sadly that LED burned out after a few months and I had to switch back to the original red LED... it's just not the same.

Here's what it looks like in normal lighting, and with the lights out but lit by a UV flashlight...

post-24492-0-83682300-1366223636_thumb.j post-24492-0-98331100-1366223637_thumb.j

• Like 1

Dakota that's exactly what I'm talking bout, nice going to need some of that vinyl. Your an AMD guy too? I also had that case or a variation of it

Jay I saw your pic of your jeep very nicely done.

The picture with the big fan was my 6 core phenom II. The red chassis I did last year and now run an FX 8 core CPU 3.2 oc'd to 3.6 ghz and 16gb of DDR3, video is controlled by a EVGA GTX 560 TI.

post-35756-0-74066000-1366225610_thumb.j

post-35756-0-39611100-1366225621_thumb.j

Some people have said the color is too loud. If that's what it takes to leave an impression then I say bring on the sunglasses. Love that computer case. 

Jay

I meant with the loud colors if that's what it takes to get noticed I say do it. And whos case you referring to?  Mine was torn apart and I was rebuilding it. I do that almost everytime I get a new motherboard.

I was looking at the 1 with the black light front that OW posted. But I gotta say I just replaced my hd and wish mine had been half that clean inside. I just bought a new laptop and trying to learn windows 8, it's like starting over compared to XP.

I do wire management behind the motherboard tray some cases you can do that some you can't. What helps though is flat Sata cables and sleeved cables, zip toes and zip tie tie down squares. Installing the computer parts was the easy part, wire management 1hr to do it all. I also agree I like owjones case I'm going to need to find some smaller rolls of fluorescent vinyl to try this out.

I can't seem to keep one running long enough for it to be customized. 2 hd failure so far this year. Crossing my fingers nothing else blows up.

Jay

Nope, different brands and types. 1 was sata, the other ide. Just lucky I guess. Gonna go play golf in the lightning now.

Jay

I'm getting away from mechanical drives as much as possible for the boot and programs I use SSD for that, for storage I'm all about mechanical hdd's due to the fact 2TB's are under $100 and SSD'S 1TB is like $500 and up..

The used HP Elitebook tablet I bought earlier this year is all SSD.  It is AMAZING how fast it boots up or shuts down Windows 7, and I like the fact that I don't have to worry about not jiggling it around.  All my new computers are going to have SSD system drives from now on!

Yes indeed they are I couldn't believe it how fast they boot. I was like ok I will be sitting here for hours and 10 seconds or less fully loaded into windows with the famous WTF just happened look on my face.

I'm so far behind that I just started buying computers with sata drives. A couple years ago I played around with a ssd in the form of a flash memory card. Think it was like 16gb and I put it in an old laptop just to sell it. Took forever to put xp on it but once done it did boot pretty quick. That think was basically an oversized memory card, someday I'll get to check out the real deal.

Jay

Jay,

The other deal is worth it, back then when SSD'S were just pic cards those were hacked together. One company built the pc board, another created the nano chips, nd another created the programming. Now most of them are all built in house. My OCZ 120gb was fast but I filled it up to 14gb left which with me won't take long to finish filling up. I now have a 250gb Samsung which suppose to be better than OCZ we will see lol. However today I found out I only have 950gb on a 2tb hdd open realized I have 800gb of movies on the drive. And all my artwork for decals, tshirts and signs.