jaybyrd

Ever wondered...

naw never seen him there - would have been a bloodbath - entertaining but a bloodbath

I've been thinking about sticking my head in over there and see what I can learn form them. That's the main reason I spend time on the forums is a thirst for knowledge and good people to talk with...

Lots of knowlege over there - definately oriented toward the pign pros but lots to learn.  That and VF is mainly old timers - right now they are all busy with spring sales so general chat  is low.

I just went over and checked my profile to see when I joined,  2008 hard to believe it's been that long. I started in vinyl about a year before that and was definitely green when I was looking around back then.

Jay

you have to branch out to learn - you never learn new things playing in the beginner sandbox all the time!

Ummm I like the beginner sandbox however I don't like it being used as a litter box and this is my sand castle please don't stop on it lol. Wait a tick was that cameo stab towards me?

Ummm I like the beginner sandbox however I don't like it being used as a litter box and this is my sand castle please don't stop on it lol. Wait a tick was that cameo stab towards me?

There is lots to learn here but there will come a time when you want to learn more you will crave input and need to stretch your wings - just saying there are other places with that opertunity to continue to grow.  you can still stay on here to help the newbies also to pay it forward!  signbuilder and signcraft magazines will give you lots of things to think about to while giving you tips to take you to the next level.

this is one of the people I look up to - wish I could afford to go out to one of his workshops!  http://imaginationcorporation.com/

You have to dream to grow

Kissfan, nobody's trying to go in the sand box after all we all play in it and besides us refined people know that's what the pool's for. And I too enjoy it here but the truth is to grow in business you must expand your knowledge. But don't worry you can't get rid of us we signed long term leases here. ;D

Jay

I am seeking investors to bank-roll my I repeat MY IDEA of the first and last REALITY SERIES on...You guessed it  VINYL SIGN BUSINESS ........Like Deadliest Catch I will call it welllllllll.....If you are the biggest investor I will let you name it....A camera crew(cheap) will travel VIA 69 Econoline Van  to all corners of oh Jersey, or New Mexico, hell even South Chicago home of the "vinyl Grill Cheese Sandwich Shop"....This is graound breaking contravisual content that only THOSE IN THE KNOW might watch....Overhead cost might range from 110 to 250 in repairs to get the Econoline road worthy to get past San Juan ave jacksonville fla...SooooooLets see those hands cause we need the Investors to lay it on the Line( I think there is a song with that title?)...So all phone lines are waiting for you to call in and make that pledge..Come on America..Heres your chance for 15 mins of Fame...

OK.... I'm in

Gonna cut a new street sign and stand on a corner....

Sign says.......   Help !! Need money for 10' roll of cheap vinyl  God Bless

;D

what color? I have spare vinyl..Be happy to send it..Intermed or Exhib?

Petroman... You're taking the fun out of this....

I have already started growing a scraggly beard and looking for my nastiest pair of Levi's

How else am I going to raise the necessary capital to invest in this to secure my future fame and fortune?:huh:?

I have been sick since wed afternoon, somethin jumped on me and well been sick, BUT thursday I was in between sh__ t and worst than sh__t, thursday evening I get a text that they want me to spend friday taking my Re-certification tests..Now..These test are a ONE-WAY road...you HAVE to pass, there is NO right or left turn off, its straight shot to either you PASS or YOU is MUDD....I started 8:30AM and finally after taking it the 2nd time I passed at 6:30 PM, now all this was done with 2 computers running..1 with the test and 1 with the service manuals on sh__T I have never worked on let alone heard of.....I passed with a 92 average...I used to tell youngons if they ever could get into this business to do it..I have been trying to get out of it for last 5 yrs..So will someone please buy my vinyl wall art and let me bask in my first million dollar sales and so I can tell them at the office to KISS MY BOTOX...Please.........

I found it funny that someone with zero I repeat zero knowledge of the sign business could be ceo. Was surprised at the total lack of training for the franchise owners seems like they're setting them up for failure. Anyone interested in a franchise of Jay's Place I'll even show you how to weed and apply app tape which is way more knowledge than their ceo has.

Jay

Oh great one, I bow to theee, show me the ways so I can correct my tithered lines, so I can see that my weeding is not woddling, I will worship you oh greatone as no one should ever replace you in my hind-sight, I will pay attention to all of your mis-alignments and mis-cuts as if they were my own..All Hail the Hall Of Jay...Now how much for the sticker please...will you ship it to our Off-shore facility and please enclude instructions if I am payin franchise fees

Franchise fees to be determined as for some strange reason I feel I'm worth more than anybody else feels I'm worth. Did you see the undercover boss Dakota was talking about. This lady would make most people on here feel like seasoned pros compared to her. On second thought if I franchise out my name I wouldn't be me any more and what fun would that be. And in the vast world we live in my knowledge wouldn't fill a thimble but that is what drives me to learn more.

Don't worry

Be happy

Jay

Still was that Cameo stab at me? mmmmm DQ thanks Petro are you feeling any better? Just so everyone knows I do have an MH series cutter the cameo is in my bedroom for fast cuts and trial and errors.

I don't stab at any cutter. Here is a list of what I've had and still have

1: Master 24" died in box van when file cabinet landed on it

2: Seiki 34" resold on ebay after it made me pull most of my hair out

3: Laserpoint 1 24" still have for a backup

4: MH 34" bought when HD died on LP1 and resold a year later, it had issues

5: Laserpoint 2 30" about to become my Siser machine due to the # of shirts we do and it is SLOW

6: VE QE-60+ 24" waiting on the UPS man today and this will be the primary cutter.

As you can see I've used several different machines and don't bust on anyone because some of the ones I've owned belong on the top 5 worst cutters of all time.

Jay

I don't stab at any cutter. Here is a list of what I've had and still have

1: Master 24" died in box van when file cabinet landed on it

2: Seiki 34" resold on ebay after it made me pull most of my hair out

3: Laserpoint 1 24" still have for a backup

4: MH 34" bought when HD died on LP1 and resold a year later, it had issues

5: Laserpoint 2 30" about to become my Siser machine due to the # of shirts we do and it is SLOW

6: VE QE-60+ 24" waiting on the UPS man today and this will be the primary cutter.

As you can see I've used several different machines and don't bust on anyone because some of the ones I've owned belong on the top 5 worst cutters of all time.

Jay

and that is what we call experience with different cutters - you are in a position to help those that have issues with those cutters better than someone that hasn't used them !

What problems did you have with your Seiki.?  I really liked mine.  It paid for it's self fast.  That was the first cutter I had in 2006, and still have it.  I used it for about 14 months until I upgraded to my Graphtec.    Just in case.

Memory issues that if I had known better could of probably been solved with a keyspan adapter and also should have been grounded better. Wasn't really the machines fault more like inexperienced operator error. Even so it made me quite a bit of money.

Jay

Dakota, I wish I could take all that money and go back and buy a Graphtec or Roland to begin with. But yeah I ran the gamut on Chinese cutters before I gained the experience and knowledge to address the problems each 1 had.

so did I Jay and it makes up better today for having gone thru all that LOL