slice&dice

"This is what we expect from war." -- BOSTON

On Patriot's Day in Boston, explosions shattered the afternoon's festivities, as tens of thousands of participants were concluding the Marathon.

My heart goes out to those people right there as the bombs went off, and to the rest of the citizens in Boston who were traumatized today.

Alisdair Conn, chief of emergency services at Massachusetts General Hospital, said: "This is something I've never seen in my 25 years here ... this amount of carnage in the civilian population.

This is what we expect from a war battlefield."

-- The President of the United States, in his address to the nation earlier today, said that Boston "is a tough and resilient town," adding that Americans will stand by Bostonians "every single step of the way." 

Good post slice our heart goes out to all the victms and their familys . Our President also vowed to bring to justice the person or persons that commited this travisity . And he has a good record of bringing terriorist to justice like Bin Laden . This is the world we live in now that killing our fellow brothers and sisters and even children . We need to learn to be a kinder gentiler world but I dont expect that . I have a lot of concern for my grandchildren and great grandchildren I cant fantom what it will be like in 20 30 years. I am vigalint even in our small town watching everyone around me and the souroundings . Just about a week ago a crazy kid wonded two women at the new river valley mall about 80 miles from me in christansburg va.

NOW THEY ARE SAYING THAT this guy looks like the guy on the pic LOL... NOW EVERY ONE IS A SUSPECT 

http://www.flickr.com

http://www.cnn.com

Linky no worky.

In any case, the net is closing around the perpetrators, and people will expect some answers regarding "why"

i dont understand the title of this thread

if you mean we are failures of war, I agree

war is money, money is war - we are not currently fighting a war for any other reason

these two guys only went after soft targets, kids and women and the unaware

during iraq war, all you ever heard was BUSH LIED and HALLIBURTON!

as true as these statements are, so true is the fact that all you hear now is crickets and how great Obama is doing, and we are still losing soldiers everyday in Assgarbagestan

people in the world hate us because we have so much and because we are so ignorant to our own government

we have gone from total liberty to total tyranny in less than 200 years

this was TWO guys

what will YOU do when its 2,000 guys in every state that WONT go after the soft targets?

this was a govt sponsored attack, ,just like 9-11, just like Oklahoma City, Just like all the rest.

we can't have the best military in the world who cant get out of the middle east

you can't have it both ways

these guys were not extremists, they were just half ignorant terrorists that lived here since they were kids

extremists are the guys that make these two yahoos look like girl scouts

extremists are the ones that go after govt first and control the population second, like Obama, Bush, etc.

Patriots are the guys that make the extremists look like girl scouts, and rescue YOU from tyranny

• Like 1

this was a govt sponsored attack, ,just like 9-11, just like Oklahoma City, Just like all the rest.

Wait... which government sponsored these attacks?  Ours? Theirs?  The Martian's?  I can't tell exactly which kind of conspiracy theorist you are...

I don't remember any particular government involvement (other than the government building that was the target) in Oklahoma City...

• Like 2

"I don't understand the title of this thread" ---

The statement from  Dr.Conn, chief of emergency services at Massachusetts General Hospital, was quoted as follows: "This is something I've never seen in my 25 years here ... this amount of carnage in the civilian population.
This is what we expect from a war battlefield."

He was referring to the injuries that resulted from the explosions.

It reminded him of the bloody mess of a war zone.

And those individuals who suffered amputations and other massive injuries, and in fact, all of the people of Boston, can rest a bit easier tonight knowing that the manhunt for the perpetrator(s) is over tonight.

• Like 2

all of the people of Boston, can rest a bit easier tonight knowing that the manhunt for the perpetrator(s) is over tonight.

I'm just glad they apprehended the guy still alive.  If he had died in a shoot out, we may never have found out why they did what they did.  We may still never find out, but at least now there is a chance.

• Like 3

There better be 100 cops at that hospital guarding that guy and an extra 10 in his room watching every breath he takes. Hopefully we can get some answers,  not sure how much it will help though.

• Like 2

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="rdusigns" data-cid="307910" data-time="1366416947"><p>

i dont understand the title of this thread<br />

<br />

if you mean we are failures of war, I agree<br />

<br />

war is money, money is war - we are not currently fighting a war for any other reason<br />

<br />

these two guys only went after soft targets, kids and women and the unaware<br />

<br />

during iraq war, all you ever heard was BUSH LIED and HALLIBURTON!<br />

<br />

as true as these statements are, so true is the fact that all you hear now is crickets and how great Obama is doing, and we are still losing soldiers everyday in Assgarbagestan<br />

<br />

people in the world hate us because we have so much and because we are so ignorant to our own government<br />

<br />

we have gone from total liberty to total tyranny in less than 200 years<br />

<br />

this was TWO guys<br />

<br />

what will YOU do when its 2,000 guys in every state that WONT go after the soft targets?<br />

<br />

this was a govt sponsored attack, ,just like 9-11, just like Oklahoma City, Just like all the rest.<br />

<br />

we can't have the best military in the world who cant get out of the middle east<br />

<br />

you can't have it both ways<br />

<br />

these guys were not extremists, they were just half ignorant terrorists that lived here since they were kids<br />

<br />

extremists are the guys that make these two yahoos look like girl scouts<br />

<br />

extremists are the ones that go after govt first and control the population second, like Obama, Bush, etc.<br />

<br />

Patriots are the guys that make the extremists look like girl scouts, and rescue YOU from tyranny</p></blockquote>

Just an example of extreme right wing mumbo jumbo and repeating others words and thoughts . I don't think we should start a war every time someone disrespects us a little and unlike Iraq Afghanistan harbored Bin Laden and his merry band of terrorists . No doubt Sadam Hussan was a bad man but to his own people I don't know of one thing he did to us . And by the way president Obama cleaned up President Bush's mess .

• Like 2

How come your quote-post function is all screwy, Dan?

It looks like this  ----- 

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="rdusigns" data-cid="307910" data-time="1366416947"><p>
<br />

=====================================

I wonder if white-baseball-cap guy will plead "not Guilty" when he's brought in front of a Judge?

His father (in Russia) was interviewed and kept denying that his 'good boys' could have done such a thing, and that they were framed for this.

How come your quote-post function is all screwy, Dan?

It looks like this  ----- 

<br />

=====================================

I wonder if white-baseball-cap guy will plead "not Guilty" when he's brought in front of a Judge?

His father (in Russia) was interviewed and kept denying that his 'good boys' could have done such a thing, and that they were framed for this.

and yet the boys' Uncle said they were losers.

Slice I post from my cell phone most of the time while taking a break or even at the house I don't know if that is it or a setting somewhere that is screwed up .

The father is saying they were framed but I guess that is natural to defend your children and family name . The uncle said they brought shame to the family name and to their ethnicity . I would be surprised to find any group behind their actions instead just a couple troubled kids wanting to make a name for themselves .

• Like 1

I just saw a story this morning that a "foreign power" reported the older brother as a potential terrorism "person of interest" in 2011.  He was interviewed by the FBI who went through his history and online information and cleared him as "safe".

He also had an American wife and toddler at home...

The perfect terrorist is the one who has a normal life and nobody would ever suspect of being a terrorist.

The perfect terrorist is the one who has a normal life and nobody would ever suspect of being a terrorist a dead terrorist.

Fixed that for you... ^_^

• Like 4

Very true John, These kids were clearly amateurs  They had very little if any training. And very little money. They didn't even have enough money to flee the scene.

As bad as the explosions were, they could have been much much worse. Thank god more weren't killed. 

well, I guess they didn't know how explosive fertilizer can be.

Im glad they caught the perpetrators...  Im not happy that innocent civiliand were forced by a temporary police state into forced lockdowns, forced evacuations, and forced to abide warrantless searches of their homes and property in clear violation of the 4th Amendment...

How do you know they were warrantless? How do you know the homeowners did not grant permission to search the home? If I were in that neighborhood I would let the cops search my home. For the safety of the general public Id let things like that slide. I would also warn the cops that I am in fact carrying my weapons at the moment do to the situation and if that fu#k tard tried coming into my house I would be happy to turn his dead body over to the authorities.

They also weren't forced into lock downs. They were voluntary shelter in place orders. It was highly recommended but not mandatory.  If you wanted to send your kids out to play yesterday, you were more than welcome.

• Like 2

Police do not need a warrant if given permission. It's that simple.

How do you know they were warrantless? How do you know the homeowners did not grant permission to search the home? If I were in that neighborhood I would let the cops search my home. For the safety of the general public Id let things like that slide. I would also warn the cops that I am in fact carrying my weapons at the moment do to the situation and if that fu#k tard tried coming into my house I would be happy to turn his dead body over to the authorities.

They also weren't forced into lock downs. They were voluntary shelter in place orders. It was highly recommended but not mandatory.  If you wanted to send your kids out to play yesterday, you were more than welcome.

My idea of " Gun Control " is hitting the target in the precise spot intended :)

• Like 1

Say what you want,talk and project BUT we ARE heading to the BIG show, its comin, believe it or not its comin..I dont know when or where but there is gonna be something that will wake this country up and its gonna be to late, it's right in front of 50% of your congressmen and women noses and all anyone will or can do to stop it is depend on CNN and Turner Broadcasting to tell anyone what didnt happen...Its comin and its gonna be good....Thats all I am gonna say...

I hope your not right petro but would suspect that is a very good possibility . The world is not the same place any more there are lots of crazy people out there including our own country . I belive that our country along with other countrys alliances have thwarted several attacks both here in the UK and Canada .