grafx worxs

How do you turn a solid object into an outlined object ?

I am green as they come and was trying to take a soild image and make it into an outlined object only. I tried to use shadow but it distorts the shape, any other way ? Thanks

Use the Help funtion in whatever program you're using and search for Outline.

Incredible that there's no Index function with SCALPRO.

Anyway, maybe someone who uses that program can chime in here?

I only know that's a really easy and basic thing to accomplish with SignBlazer, it's right there in the Manipulate menu: Expand Outline.

grafx worxs, so you have a silhoutte and you are trying to make just an outline correct? I have not figured out the technical way to do it in SCAL yet, but what I did for mine was take a copy of said object and make it 1/4" smaller and lay it on the original and then when I cut mine it gives the outline and just weed out as normal.

grafx worxs,

Being sincere, you need a lot of help. Your design, then cutting software is at the core of everything.

From your question, you are clue clueless.

You need to back up and seek schooling in this art.

I wish you the best, take care, Mark

grafx worxs,

Being sincere, you need a lot of help. Your design, then cutting software is at the core of everything.

Wow, that was totally uncalled for...  No one came into this world knowing everything there is to possibly know about software and graphic design, not even you, Markk077.  Everyone had to start out somewhere and this forum is (ordinarily) a great source of information and training for people who are just getting started.

If you don't want to help people, no one is going to force you to, but please don't be such a rude jerk about it.  That doesn't help anyone.

Some day there is going to come a time that you're going to need someone's help, and when that time comes I hope the people that respond to your request will treat you with more respect, although I'm not sure you actually deserve it.

• Like 8

yeah that comment wasnt needed at all, do you have the image that you can upload here so we can see it to help assist and doing the outline for you. 

grafx worxs, so you have a silhoutte and you are trying to make just an outline correct? I have not figured out the technical way to do it in SCAL yet, but what I did for mine was take a copy of said object and make it 1/4" smaller and lay it on the original and then when I cut mine it gives the outline and just weed out as normal.

Select your shape

Object + Shadow Layer - Set the size and Click OK

Select both objects

Path + Back Minus Front (Cuts out the original shape from the shadow)

http://screencast.com/t/TYKdq2u1

• Like 2

grafx worxs,

Mark ... are you drinking again :huh: I know there are experts here that get tired of making millions of dollars that spend time here instead of making addition millions ... BUT , since this is a forum for beginners .. this IS the classroom & comments like yours are rude no matter if sincere or sarcastic . It is not within the rules of this forum . I have not seen much graphic artistry here . It is more a manipualtion of existing things using software .

Hmm , just read where OWJones addressed this also . Atta boy OW !!!

To the original Poster , excuse the rudeness of this member who has admitted drinking while posting before . This forum is NOT like that . His remarks are uncalled for & not said with much intelligence/understanding . Not as bad as some 2 faced , back-stabbing members who have actively posted on other forumS demeaning USC & then come back here & use the classified section & act like a nice guy . Some people need more medication , some need ALOT less :lol: . Sadly ,there are plenty of people who dont have or use good morals .

I make outlines by taking 2 different sizes of an object & combining or use the outline features if available in the software ( SignBlazer ) or exluding ( SCALPro ) . SCALPro has the ability to outline as SignBlazer , you just have to use the shadow tool to make whatever thickness you want . It is much more basic than that tool in SignBlazer , but effective . Make a 1/4" ( or whatever thickness you want ) shadow to do the same thing . :lol:  :angel:  :bear: 

• Like 3

I have yet to see an example of Markk077s great artistic skill displayed here . A lot of his remarks come out very calloused whether it is meant to be or not . The poster started out with I am very green just as we learned in our first days of school you learn by example and asking how do you do that . I have learned a lot from this forum and I thank everyone that takes the time to post and try to help others .

Dan

• Like 3

When someone desires to learn it is our duty to help them. If I was familiar enough with scalp I woulda chimed. Save the bashing for the give me this and give me that crowd. If you feel that you are that much better than the rest there are numerous pro oriented forums that I am sure would love to welcome you with open arms. 99% of the people on here are either beginners or hobbyists or both and as long as they want to learn from others and not just leach I don't see markk077's problem with this poster.

Jay

• Like 1

edited

Put the past behind you and you will be set free from the hatred - I dropped this a long time ago but you insist on keeping the pot stirred.  the lack of any substatial help in most of your threads speak volumes - just mindless dribble and acting as a cheerleader - get some experience and offer real help for a change

there was a time when a problem happened that I was not happy with usc but have put that behind me and made the decisision to help others.  I will still offer honest help to those that need it and steer some in the right direction to help them learn.  there is no reason to keep a feud going because you cannot put it behind you.  You blocked my post which I am appreciative of but please stop the personal attacks - this has gone on long enough

PS mark is Rude.

• Like 1

Yeah dont Marks comment to heart. He did it to me awhile back as well and was my thread he blamed it on drinking.

My mind isnt working right for some reason but have you tried the inside outline (cant remember actual name but was a selection in outline command you could select in scalp if I remember right) ? Not sure what type of image your working with. But might be what your looking for.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the support, I am new to this hobby and look forward to learning all I can, I will try suggested options and post results, thanks again for all the help !!!!

For my part you are more than welcome :) . This is the nicest forum i have ever experienced .. it is good to have more nice members !!!

• Like 1