RickS

Best Outdoor Banner Material

I have a banner to do for my day job, what is the recomended weight of material for outdoor banners. I guess the heavier the better right? also any particular brands that are better than others.  Thanks.

Probably 2x5 or 2x6, something in that size, might even go up to 3x5 or 3x6. US Cutter had some 18oz. greenstar banners on sale this week, are they any good? Thanks

Like Jfought says, 13oz is good for about everything. Above that, your considerations are wind, and time exposed to it. 

If it's secured to an outside wall properly by ALL the grommets, 13oz will last years. The Sun is the enemy of vinyl.

The Wind is his henchman, and he's a more evil foe. He love's to just tear shit down. And he will.

If it's going to be exposed from wind from both sides for a period of time, pay for a professional banner with supports, and be prepared to stop by once a week to ensure no "flap blowouts".

13oz is good as long  as flat, higher is meant for worse.

Take care, Mark

I have truoble with the edge of my banner material curling over...... Does the brand that you guys use do this?

I have truoble with the edge of my banner material curling over...... Does the brand that you guys use do this?

how are you hemming it?

No, I'm not hemming. I'm installing grommets every 1 - 2 feet. It seems like it's fine until I trim the border, then that's when the edges want to curl over. I'm letting my banners sit for 24 hours before trimming just to be safe on that part also. Not even sure if that is needed or not, but I do it.

No, I'm not hemming. I'm installing grommets every 1 - 2 feet. It seems like it's fine until I trim the border, then that's when the edges want to curl over. I'm letting my banners sit for 24 hours before trimming just to be safe on that part also. Not even sure if that is needed or not, but I do it.

I got nothin . . . . . :wacko: