I have a Copam 2500 and it has been working great for 5 years.  When I started working on a decal order today, I noticed the control panel buttons were not working.  When I press the "Setup" button nothing happens so I can't adjust the speed and force.  If I press the "measure" button it doesn't respond so I can't measure my vinyl.  Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?  Will purchasing a new control panel from USCutter solve the issue or is time to get a new cutter since it is over 5 years old?

I have 2 Copams which will be 6 years old in June ( as far as use ) . I would think calling USC & asking them would get the best answer . I also think replacing a motherboard/control panel etc would be well worth what the cost would be ( you can have them ship the part 7 install yourself or someone local ) . I had all 4 pinch rollers break within a couple months in the 3rd year of use ... that has been the only problem .

You can check the ribbbon cables inside the unit to make sure they are connected securely. You will only have to remove 2 screws to get to the cables.

If the two ribbon cables appear to be ok, it is more than likely just a bad control panel which is $50 from UScutter. If it is the motherboard, you are looking at

$150 for a replacement from UScutter.

If you would like, you can send me your control panel and I can test it on my machine to see if the control panel is faulty.

• Like 1

I would bet a nickel that it's the buttons themselves, and a replacement will get you back into shape.

I know that this is old but i cannot get support from uscutter because i do not have a phone and they will not do troubleshooting over chat. :(

My cutter was working fine and now the function buttons are not working. I cannot select anything - It was moved (bumpaty bump bump) after the last job and i'm thinking the cable was loosened but before I open it i wanted to know where /what i should look for. It will not let me hit any buttons to change pressure, measure etc, nothing. :( please help I have 2 jobs waiting o go out. Oh - Just to let you know  It is reading all info great from SignBlazer I am using a different vinyl and need to measure it and adjust the pressure though because it is a lot thicker than my usual. So, It did send to cut, just wont cut through the vinyl. 

Where  do i start to check the cable?Thanks!!

It has been awhile since I took apart my Copam but I think the side cover only has a few screws, after you pull the side cover, you should be able to get a good look inside.