srowe78

Sign Blazed stops responding when I try to choose a bitmap to import

I have never in the past has any trouble importing a bitmap into sign blazer. Tonight everytime I attempt to import the program stops responding and shuts down. Has any had this problem or know what a fix for this is. I have a very large order of shirts for this weekend and am kind of freaking out right now. I appreciate any feed back anyone has. I've been using this program for over a year and never had this problem. I was going to try reinstalling but I can't find my cd and don't really want to go to the trial version. Thanks!!!

Have you tried Inkscape? it is free and is very easy to learn and use and vectorizes much better than Sign Blazer.

http://download.cnet.com/Inkscape/3000-6675_4-10527269.html

The reason why Sign Blazer keeps crashing when trying to import could be because there is a file that is corrupt or one that Sign Blazer just doesn't like for some reason.

Have you added any new files to the folder that you are importing from?

If so, delete or move the file from the folder and try to import again and see if it still crashes.

I did move the new files to another location.  Please forgive my ignorance but I would use inkscape to vectorize then import that to signblazer to send to cut?  This very much a hobby for me, I just get very busy this time of year making shirts for ball moms on my sons ball teams and of course I have issues at the most inconvenient time.

Thanks for your help!!

if your creating in corel draw why save as bitmap then trace? Your workflow needs work. Save as a eps. Then import the eps and no need to trace and a much better cut. By saving as a bitmap you are being counter productive.

SCALP would cost less than the Corel you have already purchased.  

You can instantly download SBE v6, and then rid yourself of the 'trial version' nag screen with a Patch.

(disable your anti-virus for this, since it will see the Patch as a danger, although it's really not)

http://www.mystat.com/Signblazer.zip

(install v6, then UK version, then apply the patch)

Do you have Previews turned on when trying to import?

Sometimes a file gets corrupt and SignBlazer will crash when trying to import. Look in the folder where you are trying to import from and there will be a file with a .err extension. Try removing both the .err file and the actual graphic file with the same name as the .err file. If that doens't work, just turn off previews.