jaybyrd

lp2 contour cuttin with scal pro 3

Can anybody point me to some directions for contour cutting with the LP2 and scalp3. I looked for a while and didn't find what I was looking for. Need something step by step from start to finish.

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Please keep in mind I'm not sitting in front of my computer so I'm going by memory. First its not called contour cut with this software. It’s called print and cut. To me a long while to figure that out. You need to select "CUT" from the menu up top. Then the window pops up, select "PRINT AND CUT". Just follow the instructions. If you haven’t calibrated your cutter now is the time to do it. Just follow the instructions. Always move the cutter via the software though and not manually on the cutter. after that, it will ask if you have printed out the item you want to cut yet. If not, print it from there. It will print the pic with the registration marks on it. You then load pic into cutter. Follow instructions to move laser to marks on the paper. Make sure you use the software to move the laser and not the controls on the cutter. Then hit cut. Waa, La! You should be in business. I always do a test run with paper and the pen. If you need more help just PM me and I can see what I can do. I'm still learning a lot about this stuff, but I'm picking it up pretty quick. Good luck!

Jaybird you've waited almost a year for this.

Sometimes patients pays off lol. Been doing it for a while now put hopefully this will help somebody else in the future.

I still don't most of the time and I have brought back a few threads from zombieland. Still nice that somebody answered so I didn't feel like I was being totally left out.

I see a lot of post of how to get SCALP to cut, but not how to set up the thing to BE cut.

Let's say I have a picture and I want to make it a sticker.  I can print it onto printable vinyl, or some label stock from an office supply store.  How do I set up the reg. marks for SCALP?

I would use Inkscape to manipulate the picture (the 'art' layer; to be printed), create a second layer for the outline (called 'Outline'; to be cut).  Where would I create the reg marks?  Another layer?  Create them on both layers?  And I know there needs to be 3 of them (for SCALP), but does it really matter where they are relative to the art?

Once I have that I'm pretty confident the various tutorials in this forum will get me through the rest.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, so having a little bit of an issue. I am printing on a printable vinyl with my Epson 1431 with pigment ink then using a cold laminate over them so can be used outdoors then using a USCutter LaserPoint II cutter with SCAL Pro 3.
The issue i am having is that the cutter isn't cutting along the lines and so every cut is different. When i go in and do the print cut, after i print the vinyl and place in the cutter, i do a laser alignment then proceed with the alignment of the registration marks. Once all 3 have been aligned, click cut and as you can see from the pics, it is not cutting on the marked lines and not the same on each one. I have tried several different times and same results. I have made sure the alignment of the registration marks are dead on, made sure to calibrate the laser before alignment and cutting, made sure the blade holder is seated and fastened correctly.
I just can't figure out if it is on the software or cutter end.
So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance......

post-96018-0-66688700-1460303622_thumb.j