Sign in to follow this  
booomshakalaka

New MH871 - problems

Hello all -  Please be kind :) 

Yes, I am a newbie but I swear I have scoured this forum and watched all the videos and read the manuals before resorting to this post.  I am hoping some of you can shed some light on the problems I am having.  

I operating on a new lenovo laptop with windows 7 installed.  I have hooked up our machine, installed the USB drivers and restarted the machine, ensured that my blade is not cutting too deep or too light, that my rollers are locked down, etc.  However, when I go to cut a basic image, it just cuts a bunch of random jagged lines not even remotely close to the image. 

I have tried hooking up through a USB to Serial adapter as a lot of you suggested through other posts... thinking maybe that will help, however my computer won't even connect to the cutter then.  I did double check to make sure the cutter ports matched the software properties... still nothing. 

What else can I do? 

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any help that is offered! 

I know scalp does that when not activated - contact usc support and they will get you up and running

Okay I had this same problem when m computer crashed and had to reinstall on my back up laptop if you call customer support they can take over your laptop and install the drivers. They said the biggest problem was that the SCALP program CD is so out of date that it cannot understand the cutter so you need to update the program. 

Ok thank you, I will try that. However, even when I click "test" straight from the machine, it prints out a bunch of random lines.... Hmmmm.

now that indicates a big problem - call usc support

If I were to take an educated guess, the first thing to check is the grit rollers, and verify they're properly secured to the shaft, that is, by seeing if the hex nuts are tightened (use an allen wrench)