Dennis Tatro

Graphtec 6000-40 15 inch

I love Make The Cut software.  I like my cutter but not fond of the software that comes with it.  It seems to have a few hiccups.  Is there any way I can make Make The Cut software work? 

Den

I have the a demo, and it says use File> Print> then select your cutter. .  Make sure it is on wire frame..   You may have to try each on the Command...  HP-GL  or GP-GL and see which one will work for the cutter on that.  I would guess it has to be on HP-GL

• Like 2

I don't know the details but you should be able to setup MTC with HPGL, or Hewlett Packard Graphics Language settings within MTC. Sorry so vague but I have never had to use this before. Hope that can get you started.

You all may be talking over my head but I am going to learn this.  I will give it a try.  I contacted MTC but they said they did not have a plug in yet.  I am hoping this is a back door to make it happen. 

Thank you so much. 

Try file>print options and then check Print Wireframe Only then try to print to the cutter. My MTC software just updated when I opened it since I don't use it anymore and the instructions have changed for using a non listed printer. Instead of giving options to try and get it to work with the cutter it says to go to the site and download the plugin for your cutter. I don't know if that means they don't support non listed cutters non or not though. Let us know if anything works.

Another successful thread, with a resolution that works.

Dennis, welcome to the Forum, and if you have anything to share back to our community, please don't hesitate!

(Tips, tricks, ideas, examples of work, etc.)

• Like 1

Hello Dennis and welcome to the forum.

Well I am not done yet. I have another question, same topic.  I was able to cut with this machine but it decides where it wants to print on the vinyl and when done it tries to scroll through the entire roll.  I set the vinyl size to 15 wide by 12 long for a cut that is 4 inches by 3.  It cuts in the center of the roll even though on make the cut to the side.  I have set the cut to the left, the right, and horizontally yet it  does not read it that way.  Also, when the cut is done it scrolls through the entire roll and stops.

I am sensing I will need to be patient until they have a plug in.

Do you have any words of wisdom of a friendly program.  I do have illustrator but the edges are soft on that program also and there is a plug in with that.  With MTC, the edges are detailed and crisp so I know the cutter is capable. 

I appreciate your words of wisdomand the great welcome.   

I don't understand what you mean by "the edges are soft on that program"?  There are no "soft edges" in vectors - they are there, or they're not.  You will have much better luck cutting with a tool designed to work with your cutter, like the Cutting Master 3 plugin for Illustrator.

When you load the vinyl and lower the pressure roller lever, your cutter should ask what type of material is loaded - Roll 1, Roll 2 or Sheet - use the Up and Down arrows to select and then press Enter to accept.  It will scroll the vinyl around to determine the size, and if you select Sheet it will roll it back and forth to find the 4 corners.  From within Cutting Master you can click the Poll Size button (located to the right of the vinyl dimensions on the main page) and it will get the size information from the cutter and allow you to place EXACTLY on that sheet where you want it to cut - Right, Left, Top, Bottom, Center or any combination of those.

• Like 1

If you look at the logo to the left you will see there is a ton of detail.  The software that comes with the machine does not pick up all of the detail, rather it makes corners or merges some of the lines together.  MTC recognizes everything.  Example a corner is sharp yet with the software that comes with the machine, the corner has a radius.  I understand the differance between raster and vector based but I am talking needing details.  The machines software does not pick up details or I am doing something wrong. 

As I said, post your file.  I have a Graphtec, and I cut VERY detailed designs, with no problem...Sorry, but looking at that jpeg image means nothing.  Post the vector file, if you want help..

What software exactly is it that is giving your problems?  If you're referring to Robo Master, that is not very full featured software - I don't think I've even started it up since the day I first setup my Graphtec.

Cutting Master is a plugin that works with Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw and will allow you to cut from within those programs and will give you tons more control over your output, plus either of those programs are light years ahead of most basic cutting software when it comes to handling/designing vectors.

• Like 1

Thank you for your answer. I have been using the program built into the cutter.  Graphtec Studio

I have Illustrator, not amazing at it  but maybe what is mixing me up is it sends me back to the cuttter when I am ready to cut it.  I am thinking it is sending me back to the program built into the machine. I will try to go through illustrator and see what happens. 

Many thanks. 

try the Cutting Master program. I think you will get better results   It is made by the same company that makes Flexi software. I use Flexistarter8.6 for cutting.. with great results.  There is an Adobe Illustrator plugin in for Cutting Master

I have been using the program built into the cutter.  Graphtec Studio

I just downloaded that app from the Graphtec website and tried it out - and it's weak... very weak...

If you have Illustrator, install the Cutting Master v2 (or v3 if you have a newer version of Illustrator) plugin and give that a try - it'll be night and day difference vs. Graphtec Studio.

Mr. OWJones, that is what I thought.  I found it hard to believe such a nice cutter would have such poor software so believed it was me.  With the help of this forum I was able to get MTC to work and it too has an amazing forum, but the cutter gets a little mixed up so I think I will wait on using that also.

It is time to crack the books and work with Illustrator more. 

The best part of buying this cutter is this forum and support.  I did not feel there would be a support team as strong as MTC thus wanting to make it work so badly. I have a lot to learn and appreciate all your time, all of you. 

Your last problem sounds like a Baud rate/handshaking problem make sure you set comports the same in device manager, the machine, and the program. I run everything with 8-1-n hardware handshaking, but yours make work with xon/xoff

The more I learn, the less I know.  I tried the Illustrator plug but the image does not show in the Graphtec program where I go to cut it. 

Usually I can work through a problem but this time I am at a loss. 

I  see reading the termanology and there are terms I have never heard of before.  xon/xoff, handshaking, etc. 

I need to start in the beginning or buy some software that is more stable but I don't know what the problem is right now. 

If any of  you were in my shoes, where would you start.  

Here's a video that shows a lot of how Cutting Master 2 works - 

You know jones in all the time I have had the graphtec I never looked at cutmaster - just installed it and it looks almost identical to production manager in flexi - I installed ver 2 - and the only thing i see lacking is the overcut.  thanks for opening my eyes a little wider

What you are sharing with me is pretty intuative.  It is nothing like Graphtec Studio. 

I import the artwork, (the logo to the upper left) and size it, trace it and when I go to print it, the screen cuts the artwork in half. 

I resize the screen to 15 inches x15, and it will not cut.  At this point I am going to call tech support and see if there is an issue here with the software.  Thanks in advance for your help.

I am not sure how Cutting Master integrates with Illustrator, but in Corel Draw you don't go anywhere near the Print button to cut - there is a little rocket-ship icon on the tool bar what opens a drop down list which has a Cut/Plot option which brings up the dialog shown in that video.  Sorry I can't give you a more useful answer than that...