knockonwood

I got a question about what vinyl to use

I bought a 13oz black banner and red GreenStar Intermediate Calendered Vinyl 3mil. It came in today. I was surprised how fast and easy it was to make a simple banner for my new business. My question is, is that the best vinyl to use on a banner that is going to be out doors for a long period of time?

I think 651 would last as long as a banner outside. I don't know if the extra expense of 751 or 951 would be worth it.

• Like 1

I make tons of banners and unless I need a color only available in cast vinyl I always use 651 no complaints so far and some that I see regularly have been at the flea markets for 4 + years.

Jay

• Like 1

I got the mh 14" I don't see any smaller than 15". I wish I got a bigger machine but this is my first. Does anyone have any other suggestions? 

Some on here have used a miter saw to cut down larger rolls. I have done it and was suprised how well it worked. You could buy 24" and cut it down yourself. You can find smaller rolls on eBay or some places will sell larger rolls and cut them down for you for a small fee. I believe Fellers does.

Thanks for the great idea jay2703 I would have never thought of using my miter saw I will try that. Thanks for the ebay listing I would buy from him in the feature. Thanks guys. 

I just used my miter saw today to cut down some  Main Paper transfer tape.  They were longer 24-18" rolls put getting down close to the core, so I just chop them down to shorter lengths to use for smaller jobs.   I just cut a side panel off the box that either vinyl or transfer tape come in, and just sit them in it. works for me.. 

I just used my miter saw today to cut down some  Main Paper transfer tape.  They were longer 24-18" rolls put getting down close to the core, so I just chop them down to shorter lengths to use for smaller jobs.   I just cut a side panel off the box that either vinyl or transfer tape come in, and just sit them in it. works for me.. 

Now that is Hot- she uses power tools too!   Love ya skeeter!

• Like 1

You don't happen to own a Skeeter Bass boat do you? If so, then you are one of a kind!!!! LOL

You don't happen to own a Skeeter Bass boat do you? If so, then you are one of a kind!!!! LOL

Tracker Nitro here!

I have a ZX 190 Skeeter. Love it..... my wife hates fishing, so if Mz Skeeter cuts and fishes, then that's awesome!!

I have been remodeling my own home for the past several years.  SO, Of course I have power tools..

My favorite store to shop is Menards.  I love that store..  I get their flyer sent to my email every Sunday...

• Like 1

I have a ZX 190 Skeeter. Love it..... my wife hates fishing, so if Mz Skeeter cuts and fishes, then that's awesome!!

I love to fish.  I grew up next to a gravel pit turned to  pond.  So we kinda had our own swimming hole  fishing pond, and ice skating rink..  I was raised on a farm. We know what work is.....

I cut some vinyl today with my miter saw from 15" down to 13" so it would fit in my 14 inch machine it was very easy thanks for the tip Jay2703

• Like 1