Sign in to follow this  
moparmanheat1

TC 31"

Hello All, Finally got our cutter put together..Very simple assembly took about 30 minutes by myself.  I have to say that the Chinese did a nice job making the parts. All parts were there and all holes lined up perfectly.  Pretty good quality and well worth the money so far..Now the hard part,learning the software(SCALP3).Having problems with placing letters on mat and where they end up at the cutter..Only tried with plain 8.5"x11" paper and pen assy. Havent had a lot of time to practice..Any advice would be appreciated..Thanks

Do you have one of these? ----

computer-easy-button.jpg

I'll offer a piece of advice, and take it in the spirit intended ---

Use SignBlazerElements and not SCALPRO.

• Like 1

I also got my TC Cutter put together...was easy, the disk that came with the cutter was a bust though. would not run for anything but I did manage to get the drivers and everything communicating with no problem. As far as SCALP.....I messed around with it for a couple of hours and so far.....DON'T LIKE IT. Some of my EPS files will open and some will not. I do not much care for the set up of all the screens and I'm having a hard time finding how to do easy things like ARC text. I'm going to keep trying to get used to it and learn it for as long as my patience lasts....I do like my new cutter though! 

I also got my TC Cutter put together...was easy, the disk that came with the cutter was a bust though. would not run for anything but I did manage to get the drivers and everything communicating with no problem. As far as SCALP.....I messed around with it for a couple of hours and so far.....DON'T LIKE IT. Some of my EPS files will open and some will not. I do not much care for the set up of all the screens and I'm having a hard time finding how to do easy things like ARC text. I'm going to keep trying to get used to it and learn it for as long as my patience lasts....I do like my new cutter though! 

The SCALPRO disk package that comes with the cutter is merely so you can obtain a serial number to activate.

Everyone needs to go to the CraftEdge website and download the LATEST version of the program and install that, because the program as it comes on the disk is basically an old version that doesn't really function properly.