Sign in to follow this  
JimmyCuts

.eps, .cdr, .ai finding organizing printing proof sheets

Hello I to all .  My name is Jim  I am new to vinyl cutting and vector images.

Some of my photo programs can organize files and print proof sheets.

How can I prints proof sheets of my vectoer  .eps,  .cdr,  images to make a

book of them all.  Is their a program that will help me do this . Please Help.

JIM  

I don't know of a program that will make contact sheets of Corel Draw files, but I use Adobe Bridge and Adobe Photoshop (both CS3) to catalog all of my .EPS and .AI formatted clip art.  In Bridge you go to Tools > Photoshop > Contact Sheet II and then decide how many rows and columns of images per page, etc., and then it will create a separate Photoshop file for each page of the catalog, which I then export to PDF and then combine the PDF files into one large catalog.

I recommended opening each of your .EPS and .AI files and expanding them to fill a full 8.5" x 11" page to produce the highest quality thumbnail inside each file - otherwise they'll come out very pixelated and blocky looking in the final catalog.

I have never tried or played with the program but Photography was my entry point ot graphic design and theirs a program called Lightroom thats supposed to be amazing for photo organizing by file # and such. Also possible look into Adobe Indesign its a layout program its what a lot of places use to layout like photo books or newspapers and such. Might be worth some research.