MadHatterGraphix

Not vinyl but something I did tonight.

I tried and tried to like a mug press - but for consistant great prints - cactus all the way

*sigh* thanks, now I am spending more money on something else

:lol: Will definitely end up buying the wraps. I passed on a mug press as I didn't have the room, but these look like a good alternative

get a corless drill with adjustable tension and a socket adapter for speedy turn around with the wraps!

*sigh* thanks, now I am spending more money on something else

:lol: Will definitely end up buying the wraps. I passed on a mug press as I didn't have the room, but these look like a good alternative

I too will be spending money.  Maybe I should quit frequenting these forums..... it is getting expensive  ;D

I recently read where someone got the other wraps without the durable white layer that cactus uses and the wrap broke - now why for almost the same price would you go with the weaker one?

I will have to see if my backer will give me an advancement so I can order some wraps . Conde also has a nice video on how you might be able to do a full bleed its very informative, may try what Vicky says. Only thing good about clinkers is you never run out of personal mugs lol.

Where can i learn more about making these cups? What is needed? You just print a picture out and it's transferred somehow?

Where can i learn more about making these cups? What is needed? You just print a picture out and it's transferred somehow?

you need a printer with sublimation ink - it is a special in that when heated to around 400 degrees turns to a gas and attaches itself to special polyester coated items producing a durable finish.

Has anyone tried doing text on the mug handle? 

Although there is no reason why this wouldn't be possible, it would require some way to apply direct pressure during the cooking process, otherwise the color leaks out around the edges and up with a blurry, smeared image.

I tried to transfer an image onto a 100% polyester fabric (or so it claimed) and it shrunk about 15% in size and rippled up and the areas where the fabric puckered away from the image you could see where little jets of color had sprayed out.  It was for a client who sews her own juggling balls and she actually like the way it turned out.