Sign in to follow this  
OWJones

Not enough detail on many items

I love you guys, but...

There are several items on your site with very limited descriptions, and what little bit is there is sometimes difficult to decipher.

For example, I placed a recent order and was going through the liquidation items selection and saw this item http://www.uscutter.com/Silver-ID-Tag and checked it out.  The item is entitled Silver ID Tag - now I've seen other companies that sell dye sublimatable items that are actually made of silver, so I wasn't sure if that meant these tags were made of silver - or if they were the aluminum/steel tags that have a transparent polyester coating (opposed to a white, opaque coating) which would make it look silver.  The description says they are Aluminum - so that clarifies the material - but what about the coating?  The picture shows a dog tag with an obviously white coating...  So where exactly does the "silver" come into the equation?  Also, the picture shows the tags on a beaded chain, but a call to sales (with 2 short waits on hold) revealed that there is no chain included.  So what exactly is it that is for sale?

This item, like many on the site has absolutely no info on the Specifications page that could answer a lot of these questions.

And while I'm getting it off my chest, a lot of your items aren't 'tagged' properly to work with the check boxes on the left side of the page.  For example - go to the Liquidation Items selection (http://www.uscutter.com/Sale-Items) and scroll down - look on the left side for the check box for "Heat Transfer Vinyl" and check it - only 1 item shows up.  Now un-check the box for "Heat Transfer Vinyl" and check the box for "Siser NA" and suddenly 13 different types of Heat Transfer Vinyl show up in the list.  There have been numerous times I've tried to whittle down the list to what I'm specifically looking for only to see those very items vanish when they shouldn't.

Just an FYI...

I would assume US Cutter, like most retailers I have either worked for, or been associated with, will actually know very little about anything in the liquidation area of the website. The items are generally placed there cause they are nos, outdated, lost in the inventory shuffle or just simply something they found laying around that they thought they could make a buck on it.

Buying form most liquidation areas you are always taking a risk. No replacement, bad description, prob no paperwork or support for this item, etc. that is why it is being liquidated. 

I would assume US Cutter, like most retailers I have either worked for, or been associated with, will actually know very little about anything in the liquidation area of the website.

These are items that appear on the regular website, not just the liquidation sale section.  I noticed it was particularly bad in the liquidation sale section, but then maybe that is why the items were being liquidated - no one was buying them because no could be certain what they were actually ordering...

The lack of 'tags' is rampant across all sections of the website and makes the various selection check boxes a hindrance - if someone is looking for a specific item and they try to narrow it down and it doesn't show up, they may give up and move on to a different website to place their order.  For example, I was looking at the Roland BN-20 and went to the Printable Vinyl section to see how much 20" wide vinyl costs... Oops, there is no 20" check box.  I was able to find the Roland brand vinyl that is the right size, but are there any alternatives?  I can't tell without clicking on each and every type of vinyl and looking at the drop down list to see the various dimensions.

I'm not pointing these things out to criticize US Cutter, just pointing them out in hopes they'll be corrected and help them and their customers.

I have found this also. Specs leave much to be desired when looking at items, even in regular inventory.

look in the sublimation section and you will find 50/50 shirts - they will produce a very washed out look as only the 50 percent poly part will hold color . . . .

I haven't checked lately but they did have black shirts in the sublimation section and unless I missed the boat on this they would be useless even if they were 100% polyester because the image won't show on black. I buy the brand shirts they sell from the company that claims to own this brand and they are a pretty decent shirt just not for what uscutter lists them to be used for.

Jay