Blade holder broke within a few months. Managed to fix it myself, but after a while broke again.Cheap, crap plastic parts, and it looks like it was designed to fail, right there, milled VERY thinly.

Called US Cutter to get another, but no more available. There is a replacement "different" part, but out of those too.

First guy I talked to told me a bunch of stuff that wasnt true and had to go through process all over.

Second guy was nice but did not offer any info about "used" parts until I asked him about it.

After I asked some probing questions, found out there is a stockpile of returns that they pillage for parts and a "new" style carriage was available, used, for 50 bucks.

The part comes to my door, and no directions. None, nothing, nada.

As I am not a rocket scientist, this looks impossible. Almost nothing on the website/internet has any support on how to do this.

Granted, it is Easter, so I cant call to get help.  Cant fault them for that, though.

Anyway, everything I take apart gets more and more complicated.  This is definitely NOT a pop it out and pop it back in repair.

So, buy at your own risk.

Good luck, youre going to need it.

Which cutter?

It says P-cut....    Creation Pcut630          Are you speaking about the part that holds the Blade holder on the carriage head? . or the blade holder it's self, that the holds the blade?   Because that is what it sounds like you are describing as calling it the blade holder.

This is a blade holder and is $25.00 and in stock....

http://www.uscutter.com/Creation-Blade-Holder

• Like 1

It says P-cut....    Creation Pcut630          Are you speaking about the part that holds the Blade holder on the carriage head? . or the blade holder it's self, that the holds the blade?   Because that is what it sounds like you are describing as calling it the blade holder.

This is a blade holder and is $25.00 and in stock....

http://www.uscutter.com/Creation-Blade-Holder

Oh, my bad. I didn't see the little "tag".

No they are talking about the carriage arm, not the blade holder itself. Those are out of stock. I sold one that I had

to a guy a few weeks ago.

http://www.uscutter.com/Creation-Carriage-Arm

• Like 1

So, buy at your own risk.

Good luck, youre going to need it.

Thanks for the advice . I always buy at my own risk . I decided to take that risk when i went into business for myself . I have had similiar situations & but they always got resolved , many not as fast as i would have liked :) . I have seen many worse situations that put a realistic perspective on things for me . A buddy has 50 people working for him in an excavation business . Buys new trucks & heavy equipment constantly . He bought a new Mack dump truck & it went back into warranty repair in a month ... the Mack cost $80+K & he paid for it & did not finance any part . They had it for over 6 months before he got it back . The new style rears Mack use don't hold up well at all . It does not surprise me when the cheapest models of any product has problems , but when a company like Mack truck does .. it makes me realize just how much of a risk any business owner takes , no matter how big/small .

• Like 3

ranton.gifyou bought a cutter in 2009 - one of the cheapest - off brands at that, now 4 years later you are actually able to get a replacement  part for the one that broke.  i would be happy the part was avaialbe - it is not like a brand name like roland, graphtec, etc.   buy a desktop printer and try to get a part 6 months later!

4 years on a part that "looks like it was designed to fail" is pretty good.  if you didn't feel you had the ability or knowlege to install it you could have paid shipping to send the plotter back for repair.   rantoff.gif

• Like 2

Two words -- Duct tape.

And I always thought that was 1 word ...............

• Like 1

I bought a bare bones f150 xl in 1995 now after just 250,000 miles parts have started breaking on it . I called Ford but they were no help . Oh well I was warned by a Chevy guy not to buy it.

• Like 5

I bought a bare bones f150 xl in 1995 now after just 250,000 miles parts have started breaking on it . I called Ford but they were no help . Oh well I was warned by a Chevy guy not to buy it.

Hey Dan , what engine ? I have had several 300 sixes that were tough as nails. The only engine as tough or tougher IMO is the slant 6 chrysler . I had a Dodge 1 ton truck with 4:88 gears ( bought it used ) & it was blowing the dip stick up 1/2 " within a couple miles ( crankcase pressure ) . I ran it that way for years & then I sold it .

Hey Rodger 4.9 300 straight 6 cylinder with a 5 speed tranny . It still is a every day runner . I had a 1979 econoline 150 van with the 300 that I got over 300 thousand miles on before the rust made me park it it still ran good . I haven't bought a new truck or van in a while but I am considering buying one of the new transit vans when they hit the lots they look in a way like the sprinter van by dodge / Mercedes with a lot of height they have had this or a similar van in the UK for a while now . The van will have an Eco boost engine that is supposed to have the power of an 8 cylinder and the economy of a 6 .

I figured it was that engine :) . They are tough .. the 1s I had , most got decent fuel mileage & a couple got terrible . That is the only fault I can apply , Only bad thing about the new stuff , the normal shade tree mechanic ( me ) can't do much if they break down .

The 95 is a 5 speed 5th being overdrive it gets decent on a trip the 79 van had a 4 speed in the floor that was an overdrive tranny most of my cars trucks are used till it is too expensive to repair before they are retired any where from 200,000 miles up . I haven't bought a new truck in a while they are to expensive . But are considering the new transit van as probably the last new truck I will buy especially if it last like my old fords by the time it wears out I will be too old to work lol . My wife and I prefer a van for traveling and I have been cutting back on hours and days a week so we can have more pleasure time .

I purchased my P-Cut 5 years ago.....the only thing I have replaced on it is the cutting strip (once) and the blades....its still going strong and has NEVER failed me. oh did I mention I have a STORE in town, I have cut THOUSANDS of EPS files with my little "cheapo" cutter, everything from window and wall graphics to hundreds of t-shirt designs. Yesterday I ordered the TC Cutter with Sure Cuts Alot. I hope I love it as much as I love my P-Cut and sign blazer!

• Like 1

The p-cut is a good cutter that is what I have . I prefer signblazer 10 to 1 above scalp I actualy like it better then my flexi 10 but it is the first cutting software I used and found it very easy so I always go back to it . Good luck with your new cutter. Good to see you again I don't think I have seen you post in a while .

Dan

• Like 2

Hey Dan, Nice to be back, I've missed this place...:) Not enough hours in the day anymore. My new cutter arrived today, ( did I mention I ordered it on Monday?) I remember when I ordered my P-Cut it took 8 LONG days to get here! I'm impressed with how far US Cutter has come! I hope to hang out here a little more often, but for now going to go and get my cutter set up and hopefully running. I hope Sure Cuts Alot doesnt give me too many problems, if it does I always have Sign Blazer. 

Renee

• Like 1

I have dealt with USC for over five years, yes I have had issue for time to time but they were always solved.  I recently had my Graphtec go out (my fault) and had to resort back to an old Chinese MH cutter to keep me going and it has.

I'm glad I didn't throw it in the trash heap so many were complaining about it.

One of my problems is when I have a problem with something, I want it solved NOW, not when a business has time to get with me or has taken care of their other customers who are next in line.  GB

• Like 1