Sign in to follow this  
Countryside Graphics

PCUT 25" Vinyl Cutter?

If I want to take a picture and put in on to the cutter and just cut the outside and do nothing to the inside to make a decal of the picture that I have scanned? Don't know if I can do this, it is all new to me was just wondering waiting on cutter to get here and was wanting to find out a few things before it arrives.

Thanks ;)

If I understand you correctly, the image is a scanned image. That's a problem from the get-go. A scanned image will be a raster image, which can't be cut on a vinyl cutter. In addition the process of scanning usually causes minute pixels to be picked up on the scan, and these show up on the image in many unwanted areas. I recently did a scanned image in Corel, where I used the three-point curve tool to go around text that was custom drawn by the customer. The outlining of the text took me about 6-8 hours alone, not to mention cutting and weeding. The result was a vector image, but it was very laborious.

Scanned images don't lend themselves to being "outlined" the way you wanted. The pixels are too dispersed and random to allow this to happen. I wish it were otherwise. I could have saved a lot of time. Changing the raster image to a vectorized image only makes the problem more pronounced.

do you just want to make a silouette?  just scan the picture and then save in documents, cut and paste to your project, draw over the image of the parts you want cut, use straight lines and then arc them with the manipulation tool and erase the pasted image, cut