Sign in to follow this  
Moes Decalz

MH 721 Help Blade not going down.

I have a MH 721, have owned it for a couple years.. the blade stopped going down to cut on the vinyl... i reviewed other issues on here sounded like the Z chip.. bought one, installed.. no luck.. called tech support.. they said turn on the machne and what does the blade do.. i said nothing. doesnt go up and down. he said its teh carriage.. i ordered that just installed it.. guess what still nothing.. any ideas what it would be?.. im guessing next they will say motherboard.. what else is there to replace right..:huh: any help would be appreciated!!.. I have a huge job to do this weekend.. but it doesnt like it will happen.. very frustrated!!! Thanks in advance!

Maybe a loose wire to the electromagnet?

I would have thought the new carriage would have cured the loose wire on the selenoid

I can test the carriage from the wires on the motherboard.. i unplug it and test the 2 white wires going up to the carriage witha  9 volt battery and it jumps up and down.. so im guessing  its the motherboard....

I did the 9 volt test on the old carriage before i called tech support and it moved up and down.. i told tech support that but they still said it could be the carriage.. $25.00 +$9.00.. says i shouldve just ordered  the motherboard.. knew it. hey its only $$$ right

Hi Moes,

how did you solve this problem?

I have same the same symptoms as you described in 2013 ...