Sign in to follow this  
gsxr600

Stahls hotronix?

Is this press worth 500$? does anyone have any experience with one of these or no what I should look for when checking it out? Thanks,

hotronix are always a good brand - check and make sure the timer works and it heats up - no gouges in the rubber and the platen is clean .  .

Ok thank you very much. Is this particular model worth $500 the guy doesn't know how old it Is. Thanks

Looks like it's a really old one... don't think this one is auto-opening. I don't know if it's a good deal or not, but if you decide to buy it, make sure the temperature is good.

Thank you for your help. I'm not really worried about auto opening, I just want a press that's gonna last mechanically and not like a Chinese one that you take a chance on it working a day or a year

http://richmond.craigslist.org/bfs/3712980100.html

How about this one? Anyone have any experience with this model? Thanks

I actually had the older version of that at one time - was a very solid press with even heat - not crazy about the flimsy design of the jetpress swinger with the cantelievered arm but I wouldn't be afraid of that one for a starter - looks like the upper platen needs a good cleaning.