bethj

learning graphic design

I have been doing vinyl decals and basic shirts for a while and have it down...but in the big picture i know nothing i want to stick to doing logos and shirt designs...and would like to get some better knowledge on what i am doing i am having to pay someone to help with design on some of my t-shirts i looked online to maybe take some courses but there is so much out there i don't even know where to begin so if anyone could give me some ideas or resources they have i would love to be able to learn...my newest design hurdle is trying to take a picture like this and make it into a shirt design like this if anyone can tell me a program you would use or a video to watch or a course to take i would love to start here i will attach pics cause i dont even know what it is called.....

thanks for any help or advice in advace

post-38873-0-55251900-1364397398_thumb.j

post-38873-0-16193800-1364397410_thumb.j

graphics art degree at the college would be a great place to start . . . .

Youtube, really has GREAT tutorials.. Just google around for what you are trying to accomplish and usually you will find it or find something close to it...

• Like 1

I wish I had the time to become a real graphics designer - I envy those with real talent!

I don't really have the time or the talent to be a graphic designer but i am at a point where i need some knowledge in order to continue i use winpc, corel and inkscape and know just enough to survive in each program but that is it.....a lot of the problem i have is just know where to start and what will benefit me and what is a waste of time...any other suggestions would be great

Thanks

Advanced Artist. Lots of good tutorials, and disc. And of course PhotoShop, or Paint Shop(Corel)

Sorry to say, you got to put the time in any of them.

hope this helps,,,,getthe video" how to use plotters and vectorize images" by alan pastrana,,,,you can get it through the airbrush action web site,,,,,this video walks you through the step by stepo of taking an image and vectorising it,,,,,i am constantly watching it and picking up new things each time,,,,,hope this helps