Sign in to follow this  
skram

SC Cutter stopping to soon?

Just bought my first cutter, a 24" SC and it keeps stopping cutting when in is 50% to 75% done. Im just trying to cut the word test and it makes it halfway through the S. Any ideas on why this happens? the Screen on the cutter says "now is cutting" but remains that way forever until I reset it (I let it sit for 25 min+). Tried, restarting, unplugging, different positioning, ect. and nothing changes. Extremely frustrating experience, plus they shorted me a roll of vinyl and 6 or 7 screws for the stand. I am using sure cuts a lot pro and I have updated it as well. Just cutting a basic font from the program not even my own graphic. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

also, my speed is 500 and pressure is 100 because thats what I was told. Blade depth is fine (I tested by hand several times)

I would think a bad motherboard in the cutter? is the machine on carpet maybe static has a role in the reason it's stopping

have you tryed calling uscutter there support team?

I have the 28' MH 721 and 2 months after i bought it the motherboard and powersupply fried from 

static and they sent me out new parts out of warrenty. I would complane if they shorted you a roll of vinyl as well.. 

just my 2 cents..

do both of you have a ground wire from the stand to the cutter - static builds in the stand and discharges thru the cutter head this time of year- causing this particular problem and frying boards . . . .

• Like 1

Also.... how are you connected from your computer to your cutter?  Are you using USB?  If so do you have a "keyspan" adapter installed?    I have the 24 SC as well and I was having the same problems.  Also, (please write this down) if you are using USB, and you get the keyspan adapter, don't forget to purchase a "null modem serial cable" or at least get the null modem adapter to use with a normal cable.... otherwise you will still have problems.  

pressure should only be about 19-20 , your speed is fine for what you're  cutting right now, but will change on the size of projects you cut

Thanks guys. I got phone support from uscutter and got it worked out. I guess it was a driver issue, but its working well now. I'm sure I will need more help soon. Thanks for all the fast responses

hi im having some problems my cutter is doing random lines everywhere i tried it with the pen and still did it i changed the motherboard still doing it i have a keyspan adapter still doing it would like some help if anyone knows as the people at uscutter just seem to ignore me many thanks

hi im having some problems my cutter is doing random lines everywhere i tried it with the pen and still did it i changed the motherboard still doing it i have a keyspan adapter still doing it would like some help if anyone knows as the people at uscutter just seem to ignore me many thanks

and i have grounded it 

is your Scalp activated - someone mentioned until it is activated it does this

if it did it with the pen not using the blade - it should rule out static - that is the go to problem as 99 percent of the time it is people not properly grounding thier stand where the static builds up - the cutter is grounded thru the plug . . . . .with that said - if you have done all  that then get on the phone to tech support - it is hard for them to ignore you on the phone,  I have not heard of them ignoring support tickets either - this is a user forum and they do not frequent here like they once did.

if it did it with the pen not using the blade - it should rule out static - that is the go to problem as 99 percent of the time it is people not properly grounding thier stand where the static builds up - the cutter is grounded thru the plug . . . . .with that said - if you have done all  that then get on the phone to tech support - it is hard for them to ignore you on the phone,  I have not heard of them ignoring support tickets either - this is a user forum and they do not frequent here like they once did.

cheers just doing my head in as i have loads of work to do and cant do anything 

cheers just doing my head in as i have loads of work to do and cant do anything 

Then get the equipment and learn to use it before taking orders . . . . 

• Like 1

Then get the equipment and learn to use it before taking orders . . . . 

ive been using it since september never had a problem until now