Sign in to follow this  
mrrask

how to print and cut with summa and hp z6100?

Hi all. 

I have been cutting for a while, but now i also have bought my first large format printer which is a HP Designjet Z6100. What i dont know yet is how to use it for print and cut. Does anybody know a guide or anything else who show me how to do that?

I am using signcut x2 for cutting, but what about printing? And can I cut with registration marks through signcut or how does it work?

Thanks in advance. 

have your program like flexi put print and cut registration marks on your vinyl and put it in your cutter that has arms capablity and have the same program cut it.  the hp you mentioned is a pigment ink water based printer - not sure on a r.i.p. for that.  you will have to use special auqeous based vinyl and make sure you laminate everything being aqeeous.

Okay. I have vinyl it can print on, but i have to laminate it, which is not a problem. BTW. Do you mean the best software to do this in is flexisign?

Problem is that flexisign is souch a cheap software?

a wide format printer requires a raster image processor - flexi pro has a rip built in - I persaonally had a hard time with color shift in flexi more than other rips.  as far as the print cut the best software, That would be the RIP you use with your printer.  signcut does not have a RIP built in.  Look at Onyx. Caldera, Etc for a RIP for the printing part

Hi Knuckelhead. 

The company i bought this printer by, told me that is was only the 42" z6100 without built in rip. But luckely when i go to information about the plotter it stand that is is the 60 inch z6100 ps version with build in RIP. When the RIP is build in i dont neew a software whith build in RIP?

Yeah. It will be on the front, Z6100ps, or just Z6100. The width doesn't have any thing to do with the post script, or not.

I can see that i got the z6110ps 60", which means that i have the build in RIP. When the RIP is build in can I then use Photoshop for the printing part or will caldera, shiraz og ONYZ be a better soloution when I want a print and cut solution for my skins and covers?

thought I read in another thread you was going to contour with signcut?   

Yes all my cutting models are tested with sign cut to fits the summa calibration that signcut have. But im pretty new to contour cutting, so i dident know how that works or if it is possible at all. The meaning is that my customers can upload an image and then i will print and cut it to fit their tablet, PC og smartphone. 

I also have Flexi10 pro but it is only for windows, and can I contour cut with flexi10 or which is best for my project?

Sorry but I am quiet new to this. :/

flexi 10 pro contours and 1 version of starter does.  have you tested the longevity of the aqeous vinyl on the devices?  I read on anothe forum where someone was having problems with peeling.

I have talk to canon denmark and they told me that i have to laminate it with a clear film in order to prevent the peel. 

that will protect the non water resistant ink but the adhesive on the vinyl will determine if it peels - think about it . . .

Okay, now I am a bit confused. Can I buy  non water resistend ink or what am i gonna doo then?

hope that the vinyl that is avaiable for the aqueous ink sticks well enough - when you chose that type of printer you limited yourself to a very  few options to work with

Not so sound harsh but next time buy a printer made to print on the  material you want to use and not look for a cheap way out with material to make the wrong printer work . . . .it is not the right printer for printing on vinyl - eco solvent or latex would be the proper choice.

Okay. Thanks for information. But i talk to HP before buying this printer and they told me that this printer could print on vinyl or self adhesive film all that it need was a transparent overlayer after printing. BTW, in my oppinion 196.500,00 DKK dosent sound cheap at all :/

Okay. Thanks for information. But i talk to HP before buying this printer and they told me that this printer could print on vinyl or self adhesive film all that it need was a transparent overlayer after printing. BTW, in my oppinion 196.500,00 DKK dosent sound cheap at all :/

you are correct it can print on a very limited special vinyl - good luck

for others do your research before spending the money

holy snikies- I just did the conversion and you paid over $34,000 usd for a pigment printer  --   seriously!