Sign in to follow this  
chefgary

Graphtec CE5000 120 running SignBlazer

I have been using my Graphtec for 2 1/2 years without issue.  Last week I was moving furniture and mashed something against the usp plug on the cutter.  Now it doesn't work.  I'm not sure if this is the problem or there are other issues.  The USB plug is not loose and seems to have a good connection. 

I tried to reset the cutter with ifo I found here but when I did I changed the writing on the led.  It now reads after startup,  $$  L$EV  55$$.

I have uninstalled at installed SB,  Upgraded  drivers, I have hooked up another computer with a serial cable but still can't cut.

I am at a loss.  Any suggestions?  Gary

I have posted this on another board just in case some one there who can help.

Seeing as how you are using Signblazer as your cutting software, are you sure you have your cutter on COMMAND HP-GL?

That message comes up right away on the screen?

Did you reset your cutter by turning on the cutter WHILE holding down the UP arrow?  After doing that, can you step thru the options there? 

Resetting the cutter is when the strange screen happened.  I can't get it to change back to check the HP-GL setting.  When I get home I'll try it again. 

Just got an email back from Graphtec with the suggestion that I need to take it in to an authorized dealer.  I'll keep you posted. Thanks, Gary

at this point it can't hurt to take the end cap off and inspect the conntections

I went to the service center on Thursday and they checked it out.  They are "almost" sure it is the motherboard.  They are suppose to give me a quote on a new MB.  In the meantime I am using my Refine.  It will get me by but it also reminds me how good the Graphtec is.  Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

It is always smart to have a back up.  Even though I have had my cutter for 5 years, and never a problem, it is still a machine. And I still have my Seiki...   I hope they get you fixed up soon....and it won't cost you too much....

Thanks for the update.

Finally I got my motherboard installed, got the dip switches setup and now in the process of getting the settings zeroed in.  It also helped when I installed a new "cleancut" blade.  

Thanks for all the help and advice over the past several months.  

Gary

• Like 3