Sign in to follow this  
moutoun

Little problem..

Hello everybody, sorry for my bad english.. im a french guy! USCUTTER SC SERIES 34''

So here is my problem. When i do a cut , the blade touch the vinyl beforce the start point , so it make little scratches everytime , and when the cut is over and it go to the other one, another scrath from the the first end point to the other start point...  (Not cut but scratch!)

or something when i move the carriage, the blade make scratch all over the vinyl

My blade is ok.. you cant barrely see it, my 3 roller is in place, 

Without this little problem everything work good.

help please!

The carriage which holds the blade (the "Black Box") is operated in an up & down motion with an electromagenetic relay.

It very well might be that the adjustment of that mechanism is not correct, and it's not lifting properly.

You can remove the cover of that black box and look to see if there's something which seems messed up.

I opened the black box, and all work !

but the probleme is, only when the blade slide right to left, when it up the cutter touch the vinyl! so it make scratch... how to fix this? blade holder need to be a bit more in the air.. i dont know if you know what i mean...

is the carriage rollers all on the tracks?  the blade should be well above the vinyl when moving around and not cutting

If the blade holder is down too far, allowing contact with the vinyl, you ARE cutting (it doesn't take much pressure for it to cut, so if you see a scratch, that's really a cut)

Obviously, without being in the room with you and witnessing what is happening, nobody here is going to be a great help with troubleshooting this.

Are you sure that the blade cartridge (the round one that the blade is inserted into) is being placed properly into the retaining arm on the carriage?

Picture or video of problem would really help us help you.

Jay