slice&dice

Who wants a great deal on a Media Catch Basket?

OK, here's what I found, on USCUTTER's sales site.

http://www.uscutter.com/Catch-Basket-for-LaserPoint-II-Vinyl-Cutters

It's a media catch basket unit, that is designed to go into the LPII stand (25", 31" or 50")

The thing is, this actually appears easy enough to adapt onto the stand of almost ANY cutting machine.

Pricing? Between $30-$40 depending on the size.

That's correct, forty bucks.

I ordered one, and I'll be getting it tomorrow, and will post photos (or a video) of the results as I adapt it to fit my MH cutter.

Stay tuned, catch-basket fans.pl433255-vinyl_cutting_machine_which_can

Unpacked the box this morning, and discovered that the distance between the rods will not permit installation on my MH stand.

However, it is perfectly measured for the width of the SC stand, all I need to do is drill the appropriate holes and insert the rods.

I did not have the correct drill bit on hand today, so tomorrow that's what I'm going to attempt.

Unpacked the box this morning, and discovered that the distance between the rods will not permit installation on my MH stand.

However, it is perfectly measured for the width of the SC stand, all I need to do is drill the appropriate holes and insert the rods.

I did not have the correct drill bit on hand today, so tomorrow that's what I'm going to attempt.

Duct tape!   WD-40 isn't appropriate for this applicaiton so it must be duct tape . . . . and of course a hammer!

• Like 1

I was really tempted to go with the duct tape, let me admit that right up front.

It turns out that the legs of the SC stand have INTERNAL baffles (supporting metal), and when I started drilling through, I had to go into those and keep the holes straight. In fact, I had to drill from each side, and make sure I met exactly in the middle on a perfectly straight line (since the drill bit is not long enough to go all the way from front to back of the stand leg in one shot).

Somehow, I managed to do that, and had holes that lined up.

In case anyone else is looking to make the same purchase, the width distance for these brackets is 37" across.

Now, my SC unit is all ready to go with a blue catch-basket.

Here's a series of pix taken step-by-step while doing the installation/assembly.

post-21408-0-89091700-1364061571_thumb.j

post-21408-0-26036900-1364061578_thumb.j

post-21408-0-45549700-1364061585_thumb.j

post-21408-0-74085000-1364061592_thumb.j

post-21408-0-04961900-1364061599_thumb.j

Hey Slice, how for out do these stick from the machine.  As in how far away from the wall will my machine have to be and how far out does the front one stick.  Do they just slide out when not in use?

Needless to say, I'm very satisfied with the result.

Yes, xpaperman, the rods slide for adjustments in and out.

The rear one I'm keeping set maybe 4" further than those brackets for the vinyl rollers, allowing for play when pre-unrolling.

The front pair is out approx. 10" (it shows as being extended a lot more in the photos, but I've since pushed them in when I started operating)

Oh, I forgot to note the diameter of the drill bit, I'll look at that tomorrow and post back.