Sign in to follow this  
Dazzel me

Vinyl "rippling" while in my roland

I have this LG stuff from USCUTTER that I really like becaus it's thick, great for signs!  However, when I put it in my Roland SP540V (with long guards down on both sides and 4 rollers) it ripples in the center of the vinyl causing the ink to not lay down properly in the rippled area.  ANyone know what causes this and how to fix it.  I tried turning off Heater, cranking heater up and everything in between.  I had it set to "Printer settings" and now I tried "default media settings" as the material itself is Orajet 3628 and it has its own heat profile settings!  I am printing a wall mural (152"W x 89"L) so it's a large coverage and any booboos would be seen in the sky area!

Thanks

Carmen

Carmen, I bought some of that LG clearenced and it has been relegated to only short term political signs and yard sale signs until gone - it just doesn't hold up well over time.  one thing to try is to increase your fan speed for more vaccuum - will help hold the middle down. good luch with it hold up well when up.  that is the vinyl that tought me to use oracal and 3m for printing

Thanks Dakota,

I do use this stuff for RealEstate signage and yes, its awsome for short runs....I did some wall graphics with it a few years ago in my house here and it's held up pretty good, thats why I dont think I am too concerned about doing such a large print. I will try the vacumm and see what happens!

that would probably fix it but you still should be able to have flat vinyl under the heads when printing with the proper vacuum  . . .