Sign in to follow this  
Rmedoc

Found the problem, anyone else suffer?

So in reference to my last post about the horrible noise, I did some searching around the machine.  Found out something that wasn't good.  The set screws in the feed rollers were all messed up!  Ruined 4.5 feet of vinyl for a project I am working on, but at least the issue is solved.

2 of the center screws were out about 3/4 of the way and smacking the back of the guide plate every time the roller made a complete revolution.  2 of the other set screws were MISSING!! and that also caused the roller to act funny.

Replaced the set screws, put a dab of loctite on all of them, and the noise level is now drastically reduced.  The only real problem with noise I have left is the rubber rollers pushing the vinyl through make a squeaking noise that is ridiculous.  Much louder than the stepper motor itself.  I am hoping to find a remedy for that as well.

Has anyone else had a problem with setscrews coming undone?  Do I need to disassemble the machine and loctite everything?

As always, thanks in advance for the assistance.  I appreciate it.

Craig

yep when my mh 871-mk2  arrived, the set screw was out, ( didnt know, i thought that was normal, i told myself this is gonna be a long ass life with this loud thing )  on the feed roller, and also on the side where the belt attatches to the stepper motor. easy fix, but took me a while since i was new to it all. But I googled the net and it brung me to this site, another guy had the same problem, so i took my bottom cover off and WHOA! didnt find the second one till i called support , because my circles were off. they were more of an oval.

cutters are loud, but if you have to raise your voice alot to talk to someone while its running, then check ALL your setscrews on the feed roller and take the side cover off and check the wheels the belt is connected to that turns the feed roller.