gcextreme

GC-Extreme Graphics Show-n-Share Thread

Your to much. I enjoy reading all your threads. 

You should probably put the shovel down though. The hole is getting pretty deep. 

• Like 1

Dakota if u are selling them all done for only $50....the banner itself is like $14....and u can fit and waste alot of vinyl and app tape on those banners...it all depends on how much the customer wants on the banner and how many colors/layers etc..

I would rather price high then undersell and lose money and time...

But i wasnt aware that the 10oz was for indoor....thanks...i will switch that to the higher oz ones.

no app tape - I print with a roland eco sol printer . . . so I don't care how complicated the design!

• Like 2

I buy 10oz banner by the roll and it costs about .30 cents a running foot. That's about $2 for a 6 foot banner.If you are paying $14 you are paying WAY too much.

• Like 3

I buy 10oz banner by the roll and it costs about .30 cents a running foot. That's about $2 for a 6 foot banner.If you are paying $14 you are paying WAY too much.

*cough* *cough* $14 is approximately what US Cutter charges for a 2'x6' 10oz banner, so ix-nay on the overpriced-ay... ;D

*cough* *cough* $14 is approximately what US Cutter charges for a 2'x6' 10oz banner, so ix-nay on the overpriced-ay... ;D

yes and you can buy an entire 75 feet pre-hemmed and grommeted roll of the same stuff for $33 from US Cutter/

no app tape - I print with a roland eco sol printer . . . so I don't care how complicated the design!

Thats your setup...i dont have a printer lol...so i have to factor in more supplies/time...

is that "LOL" like a nervous twitch - reminds me of "hilarious"   ;D 

take a deep breath - but remember you are competing with printed prices also!

On the cost part - factor in a 15K printer and 1K+ in maint the past year alone . . . . It's all relative and you have to sell some to make anything.  I am guessing at $50. i will sell a few more than someone at 150.    your banner and vinyl are minimal cost when purchased 13oz quality material with oracal vinyl - you may have $10+ in materials and someone like john can put out a 6' banner in no time .  .  .  .

looks like someone doesn't have much work to do! Why don't you take your fued some where down the road

13 oz. runs $5 s.f. at my store. That's for cut vinyl and custom sizes up to 52" wide x however long they want. If banner has a crazy # of colors or extremely complex design I may charge slightly more. I no longer compete with print banner because most of the people that come to me have seem print hanging outside gas stations, etc. and don't like the fading and overall quality of the local printers around here. However I have seen Dakota's print work and I'm glad he's not local or he could put  a hurtin' on my banner sales.

Jay

I just sold a 2x6 one sided banner for $50. Charged $.05 a sq in for vinyl. Very simple layout and he ordered a bunch of stuff and hes one of my best repeat customers. He didnt even hesitate at the final quote and I was happy with the price. 

He just called me today to quote his new store front. 

That's kinda what I've been saying about pricing, each job is a unique set of circumstances. I just did 40 rear window graphics for a car club 22" overall about half chrome, half reflective. They came in last Friday with 90 shirts they needed done with their logo and a small front print, all with a 10% discount. Also talking about car  flags, keychains, etc. so when they emailed Monday asking for a 2X6 banner price with their logo in 2 colors they were told we would donate it to the club in gratitude for their continued business and if they decide to go larger than 2X6 we will deduct the $60 for the banner from whatever the final job costs. You have to handle every situation as it arises.

Jay

• Like 2

when I bought it, it was red body and graphics, yellow shocks, red seat

I liked a more stealthy look thus: the Polaris TB250 "Stealth"  hehe

tb250stealth.jpg

I like it,

Quads are NOT stealthy :D , lol and ya used shiny reflective vinyl it looks like  ( not stealth ) haha Just playing.

Im a black and yellow kind of guy tho. Thats how I would of went if it were mine. 

But looks good 

I like it,

Quads are NOT stealthy :D , lol and ya used shiny reflective vinyl it looks like  ( not stealth ) haha Just playing.

Im a black and yellow kind of guy tho. Thats how I would of went if it were mine. 

But looks good 

SKI DOO!