Sign in to follow this  
LPWash

Newby oopsie, now thinking

I was making a few shirts (heat pressed) the other day using easy weed.  I forgot to flip the image/text before sending to the cutter, so it's no good now.  I now have a reminder printed on the machine so hopefully that won't happen again.  I now have this sheet of screwups.  I hate throwing things away and I keep looking at it to see if I can somehow put it to use.  The easy weed vinyl is stuck to the clear transfer tape, so I just stuck it on the side of the display case.  And then it hit me, that I can give it to the customer as sort of a static cling for the ''inside'' of the rear/side window.  Has anybody every done this?  Will it stay on?  Will it hold up to the heat / cold ?     Can this be used as a temporary / easily movable cling type ?  

WoW... Never thought of it but..  I have done the same thing.. forgot to invert the image on easy weed.. It just goes right into the trash for me but.. 

Thinking.. My opinion i don't think it will stick to the car window long.. I know the plastic is not vary sticky really.. i think it will lose it's tacky vary fast.. 

even if you put notes on your monitor you will forget to mirror the image again in the future.   

• Like 3

Sounds like SCAL should put this as one of the steps before going to the final cut window.  

• Like 2

Sounds like SCAL should put this as one of the steps before going to the final cut window.  

That would be a great idea.. 

YOU DOING A T-SHIRT.. PLEASE INVERT IMAGE !!!!   

(YES) (NO)   

lol

What I did in the beginning was to leave it on mirror in the printer setting and I would have to reverse it if I was doing a decal.  I thought it was easier to throw away a cheap piece of vinyl rather than a tee shirt...

• Like 3

did the same thing 4 times the other day. :rolleyes:  I KNOW I KNOW - stupid but i was also making small changes in between and forgot every time to flip. I was so mad at myself. Trashed it . But i did get a kick out of slice&dice's suggestion.

"SDRAWKCAB"  :)

I did this today.. good thing it was on a Kids 2T Shirt so the image was only 6inches by 3 inches..   but i did cut 4 of them with out checking LoL !!!  ops

Happens to me a lot more than I'd like to admit. I get into the car decal craze, than I get an order for a t- shirt. The mind is this going on a car and forget to flip.

I would use it as a stencil. Even if you have to trace around it it is still usable to someone

Um, no

if the design is or the front of the shirt just add the one cut wrong to the back also - makes people do double takes . . . and scratch thier heads.

• Like 1