Sign in to follow this  
DecalOriented

Score!

I just picked up a seiko colorpainter 64s for $2k!

This is just the find I needed to kick my business into high gear. I'll be moving it in next week once I convert the garage into a fully operational shop. So I'll have two printers and two cutters running.

Now to start making enough money to be able to quit one job and make this my only gig. Wish me luck!

congrats I see that one uses a scsi intertace - been a while since I used one! - what rip are you using?

take a quick read over at signs101 for tips on that printer - better to get up to speed before you bring it home. sounds like the people that used them said it was important to do maint every day or at least every other day to keep it clear - at $1400 a head it is better to read up now!  Looks like the previous owners kept the service contract up on it - not a bad plan.  did they provide a head pattern print since it has been unused for a few weeks?

@dakota, I know the shop owners and employees. They will be training me on the usage of it. Theres a ton of spare parts that are coming with it as well, one of which is an extra scsi board. They have a notebook full of notes that they've made over the years with shortcuts and troubleshooting advice as well as a service contract with a local guy. I'm quite positive that this will get me by till I reach the next plateau. 

very good - having the knowledge of the previous owners and having them to troubleshoot is a great advantage.

read a lot o good reviews on onyx rip also - with my fj I tried using flexi and was always disappointed with the color output.

Onyx is definitely the way to go from what I've read and been told. It will have to be a couple months down the road as the price is a bit out of my range at the moment since I've been burning through my funds expanding.

Working on it. built a new dedicated pc complete with Win7 ultimate, 1tb HD and a buttload of RAM only to discover that win7 doesn't support my SCSI interface. So now I have to revert back to XP which if anyone has ever done that can attest to is a real pita.

scsi was a real pia back in the day-  look forward to seeing the output.  keep it plugged in and cleaning daily in the mean time

I hope you do well in your endevors and get rich doing it.

Being happy and self employed would be riches enough. I know that this industry will never make me a millionaire but as long as I can be fully self employed by the end of this year I'll be happy.

Good luck and you have lots of great folks to help and support you on this forum,   along the way ...

• Like 1

^ Nice to see you're nearby so I can bug you for help in the future should the need arise lol.

Ever done any wraps? I'll need an extra set of hands occasionally if you're down.

Working on it. built a new dedicated pc complete with Win7 ultimate, 1tb HD and a buttload of RAM only to discover that win7 doesn't support my SCSI interface. So now I have to revert back to XP which if anyone has ever done that can attest to is a real pita.

Soooo - can we see the printer and some of the stuff you have been doing with the new toy?

I haven't gotten into doing any but would love to see the vehicle wraps you have done with the Seiki - I think either on your website or facebook I saw where you said you did them.

Got thinking after doing the tire cover wrap (mini project) what media and lam are you using?

I'll have to upload some images to photobucket when I get a chance. Been rocking and rolling working two jobs and trying to secure more business.