swinns

Signcut Pro cutting random lines through my design

hi pretty new here can anyone help i just started using signcut pro with my mh1361 cutter when i cut some designs it starts cutting random lines through my design then just cutting lines about 2 metres long for no reason any help please as im wasting vinyl 

How do you know that it's the software? Have you inspected the files to be sure that there is no hidden lines? When you click the scizors to cut the decal make sure you click preview and check the cut lines.

i do that and never have a problem one minute it cuts the design fine then when i do it again it cuts the lines 

i got this message when i got in touch with the company 

The base plate of the plotter has an earth wire. when the plotter sits on it, any static electricity produced is transferred.

and i dont know what you mean pen in the holder?

i got this message when i got in touch with the company 

The base plate of the plotter has an earth wire. when the plotter sits on it, any static electricity produced is transferred.

and i dont know what you mean pen in the holder?

Most all new vinyl cutters come with an ink pen for plotting on paper.  By using the ink pen, you can eliminate, static as being a problem..

Most all new vinyl cutters come with an ink pen for plotting on paper.  By using the ink pen, you can eliminate, static as being a problem..

this might sound dumb but if i used the ink pen i wouldnt be able to cut anything

The ink pen doesn't conduct the static so if it completes the pattern with no problem it is static - it is used as a diagnostic tool not to cut

• Like 2

Yeah, that does sound dumb :huh:

this might sound dumb but if i used the ink pen i wouldnt be able to cut anything
  • Like 1

Yeah, that does sound dumb :huh:

but that is the kind of stuff that keeps our day interesting LOL

• Like 2

Very true :lol:

but that is the kind of stuff that keeps our day interesting LOL

The ink pen doesn't conduct the static so if it completes the pattern with no problem it is static - it is used as a diagnostic tool not to cut

thanks i get it now will try it and see what happens 

How do you have it connected to the computer ? usb or serial ?  Yes try the pen holder on some paper, see if you get the same problem. If it did not come with a pen holder you can use a sharpie marker to fit in the blade clamp.  Some other tricks is to turn it off between cuts. Here is a vid to look at go 4 min in and it will show how to ground it  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjkAAiioKWA  . Also found some other people that have the same issue as you when the humidity is low but the rest of the time it cuts great for them it was the grounding issue. Vinyl loves the static.

on the higher end cutters the vinyl rollers are stainless (Graphtec) or alluminum (Roland) unpainted so they conduct straight thru the metal bearings to the stands that are also screwed thru the stand to the plotter (on graphtec chrome stand part to unpainted cutter bottom.  on the value cutters the rollers are painted - often have plastic bearings and the rubber feet of the plotter sit on the stand - all contribute to the static problems with the value cutters

hi i have grounded my cutter changed the motherboard and its still doing random lines even when i do it on paper with the pen getting frustrating now 

does this sound wierd i can cut plenty of designs 500mm x 500mm but when i go to cut one at 1000mm x 500mm it starts doing random lines again

hi i have a keyspan adapter but still doing it like i said if i do a design 500mm x 500mm its fine but when i go bigger thats when it starts doing it