Sign in to follow this  
nenoid

Adding Fonts and Saving

I am loading fonts into my program and  when i close the program and reopen the program the fonts are not there.

What am i doing wrong?

New fonts should be available when installed into the OS. If your running Windows, go to your windows\fonts folder & on the File menu select install new font. Hope this helps!!

Good Luck!!!

I am loading fonts into my program and  when i close the program and reopen the program the fonts are not there.

What am i doing wrong?

Not doing anything wrong - just the way SCAL3Pro works.  If you want the font to be always available you have to install it like mcshank says.  As it is when you close SCAL3Pro the fonts you loaded are gone from the program.  Even if you use the font and save the project the next time you open it you will still have the text in the font you used - but the font will not be available for add or editing text unless you reload it - or install it into the windows/fonts folder.  Too many installed files will bog down your system - so watch out for that.

Any fonts you install will be available the next time you open SCAL3Pro - or there is a reload fonts button in the text dialog window that works without having to close and reopen SCAL3Pro.  

So you can use a font for a project one time by loading it within SCAL3Pro - gone when you close - but the saved project will be unchanged - have to reload the font if you want to make any changes.  This lets you use many fonts without cluttering up your fonts folder with ones you will only use occasionaly.

Or you can install the font and have it for use whenever you want - just don't do too many (I have heard 500 fonts and more starts to make the system sluggish)