TSR6

signblazer issues

I just got started...

When I use signblazer, and click something, or add an element to the design - my workspace "clears" or appears empty.  If I minimize signblazer, and then re-maximize it, it appears back into it.

Sometimes it won't disappear, but the changes I made to the elements won't change until i minimize it.  For example, I started with a black .eps i made in illustrator.  I wanted to go through and make the color changes to cut it with 3 different colors for the different elements.  I would select-click, change the color, but it would remain black until i would minimize, and re-maximize Signblazer.

THEN...

For such things as drawing a circle or a square - my mouse/cursor disappears. I click the circle, square, polyline buttons, and once I get the mouse into the actual workspace, it disappears.  I have to guess - click & drag to make the item.  Then I have to resize it manually to what I need instead of being able to do it from the start.

Also,  The top "file, edit, view" standard toolbar disappears occasionally and seemingly randomly.  When this happens, I have to go to the task bar, right-click, close to get a "Save" window to appear, close it down and re-start it.

Finally - the worst problem I have:

"An unrecoverable error has occurred!!!!  It may be posible to save yourwork to a file.  The file will be named 'Signblazer recover.sbd' Do you wish to save?"  Yes/No

This happens all..the...freaking...time.

I just want to know if there are fixes for this? or is this just something I need to just deal with?

Edit:  Also, I've tried it on two different PC's.  The free dowload demo on my personal laptop & then the full version that came with my pcut on my cutting desktop.  A lot of the issues were repeated back and forth.  I just thought that when i tried the demo before ordering that it was a REALLY watered down version...

Signblazer06 - Release 6/0/21 21Dec2007

find jerry bonham, sound like you have issues

I know he posts here.

He may not be around for another few days, but Mark or Bruce may stop by....

Thanks Ken. ;)

Tykite: I'll try that when I get out to the shop.  I'm not there at the moment, but will be within the hour.

I used the download trial version on Vista.

I used the complete uscutter version on Windows ME.

OK,  Thanks for the link & explaining it!  I'll download it when I get to the shop ( and thanks Tykite for posting it too ).

I'll double check the drivers for my computer, I just re-formatted it, and used the Dell drivers disk I got from Dell a few years ago.  The computer is old enough though, that the disk would likely still be the latest...

If this doesn't work, I'll send you some video of what it's doing.  I captured some of the problems last night...

It didn't fix anything on the Windows Me system.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place now....  I reloaded the demo version on my Vista laptop to see if I could replicate the problems again - and it seems to be working great on here now.  The problem is, the vista laptop is my personal laptop.  The WindowsMe machine is the shop business computer.  Because the business bought the damned cutter, I can't just keep Signblazer on my laptop - I HAVE to have it on the Me machine so that the business ( read: my dad & brother ) can use it, otherwise they won't be happy...  I knew I should have just bought the machine myself, but they all insisted.... gah.

Should I try re-installing the whole program on the Windows Me Machine???

I mean... there are a ton of functions that don't even show up on the other machine!

I have been fighting the same problem with the disappearing images forever.  I ran that update Bruce posted and everything is working great now.