Sign in to follow this  
BeanSnow

Cutter doesnt Respond

HI

I have been back and forth now with Ken via phone and email, returned one cutter and just recieved the replacement.

I am running the latest registered signcut 2x pe on a mac powerbook g4 with the10.4 osx and a PCUT 24in 630 and i cant get any cuts other then the "test rectangle"! I have been searched the forums through and through and tried many settings. signcut is set properly and when i send to cut nothing happens. the cutter just sits there laughing at me. the cutter is online waiting for the commmand but nothing.

i am using the serial usb adapter and the light on the adapter lights when i send the file so i know the adapter is working. the driver is even showing up in the signcut x2 program.

PLEASE HELP for i have been waiting for 4 months to cut vinyl for my co. www.beansnowboarding.com and others.

Thanks!

Hello,

That's odd, as the LED is blinking, it indicates that is sent properly to the machine, check that the Baudrate on the machine is the same

as in SignCut-X2, sometimes it's easy to change it on the machine by mistake when handling the menu on the machine.

Another thing i would do is to rename the current Signcut folder under the /Applications folder to something like Signcut-old and then

redownload and reinstall SignCut-X2. (Btw new release today, V2.21) , Link: click here.

Then after installation, don't do any calibration or such, just try to make it cut as sometimes wrong values in the calibrationdialogue can

cause extra troubleshooting.

What kind of USB to Serial adapter is it? , if you don't know the brand, please try to give us a link to a similar model.

oh... i forgot to mention that the only baudrate i am able to us is 9600. I cant get the baudrate to change on the cutter.

soo.. i re-named the old signcut folder and re installed signcut. i downloaded the latest update via your link: reinstall SignCut-X2. (Btw new release today, V2.21) , Link: click here. :and i continued to install that new release and i an error and it said sorry please try again later. I did this about two or 3 times and all the same. so i then figured i would try without that update and to no suprise the same result. i made sure that the proper cutter was selected and the baudrate was the same 9600 that the cutter is (because it wont change on the cutter) and followed the basic 1234 cutting how-to that signcut provides in the help section.

as for the serial adapter... it is IOgear, heres the link: http://www.iogear.com/product/GUC232A/

any other ideas?

Ok.

When did that errormessage appear, and could you attach a screenshot of it as i've never heard of that before, but it could be due to a new

executable-compressor we used for this release.

Regarding the adapter, we have one of those, but i can't remember if there was a problem with it and Mac (it's not working-hours right now). But i

would recommend you to try to get hold of a keyspan adapter just for the sake of finding the source of the problem, and if it works, then return

this one to the store.

http://www.keyspan.com/products/usa19hs

well i just ordered that keyspan adapter... lets hope that is the workaround to the problem.  also here is a screenshot of the install error message of the latest signcut x2 release.

post-2125-12986516421289_thumb.jpg

post-2125-12986516449268_thumb.jpg

the keyspan serial adapter worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is strange to me how that is one of hte few if not the only adapter that works with mac.

the keyspan serial adapter worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is strange to me how that is one of hte few if not the only adapter that works with mac.

Yea, I have no explanation as to why, but hear nothing but good things about the Keyspan with a Mac and our cutters.