jestyr37

What is that thing called...?

I have a small table top cutter. There is a little thing that sits on the table behind the cutter to hold the roll of vinyl (see attached). The one I have is old, brittle, breaking and has been "MacGuyvered" too many times to count. I need a new one, but I don't even know what it's called to search for it. Anyone have any idea what it's called, or better yet, who sells them? Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a nimrod question and I should know this.

post-10733-0-01687400-1363094904_thumb.j

Vinyl holder , vinyl rollers is how it has been described here . The model you show is something to sit on a desk , table etc . I have 1 that fits on the stand under my cutter . It really does not need to be a roller bearing style . I always unroll more than what I am cutting , so the cutter is not pulling the weight of the roll of vinyl plus rolling resistance . By hand rolling resistance does not matter much .

@ Rodger - I have been doing just that, unrolling, measuring, and cutting off pieces the size I intend to cut. But since I use only white 95% of the time, it's nice to be able to just leave that roll loaded and ready to go.

@ dakotagrafx - Thought about that too, just trying to save a little money...

Thanks guys!