gcextreme

new here need help on purchase

Yeah...thanks...

But cant i create stuff in photoshop and then import it into Illustrator and format it to vectoring..i swear i have done that before...

It will be a mixture of raster and vector and lines will not be good. Best to create within AI from the get go.

• Like 1

It will be a mixture of raster and vector and lines will not be good. Best to create within AI from the get go.

hmm i have created stuff in photoshop and fireworks and put it into Illustrator and saved it as an .eps and sent to my local shop to have them cut it... this here is one i did.

WP_003622.jpg

as well as this ATV one

WP_003209.jpg

They dont look crappy or bad lines? So how did they fix it?

Depends on what you started with, If it was eps files from the get go Cut files like you posted are canned art and available everywhere as a vector if you didnt already have. Once you start doing this you will accumulate a huge file library that once you learn how to draw in AI you will never use again. But as you will find out when you draw something much much easier in AI. For cutter work you should never use PS. Photoshop for raster only, its vector engine is horrible at best. 

• Like 1

Im torn between the 34" SC and the 31" Laserpoint 2....Not sure which to get.....i like the idea of countor cutting with the laserpoint 2....

keep in mind the "contour cutting" is a laser pointer on the carriage arm that you manally find and set all the points - it doesn;t do it for you and several people have done it with non laser cutters using various pointing devices.  true contour cuttling is a little more expensive, one fo the least expensive ones I think is the GCC Expert LX

they are both value cutters and since they changed the lp I can't say I have any experience with either - they have both had pretty good reviews for what they are.  I was saying don't make your decision on one having a $3 laser pointer built into the head as it is not a trru contour machine like the ones with an optical sensor  cheapest of those that I know of is the expert 24LX  http://www.gccworld.com/product.php?MODEL=Expert%2024%20LX   only slightly more for true contour cutting - but if you go with the sc then you can make the money to trade up

• Like 1

I can only go on reports of the sc - that have been basically good, I had a pcut and once I paid to send it back (NEW) and get it replaced the next one made enough money to pay for the next cutter.  keep in mind all the value cutters are stepper motors and will be noise, harder to set up and cuts will vary, it is possible to get decent cuts but be prepared to do a lot of set up and experimenting if you want to do effiecient cuts.  My second p-cut worked fine for what it was - the first one I had to send back had a capacitor installed backwards on the power board - at 2am in a quiet basement heart attacks are a real possibliity when this happens. after a power supply being sent and installed , 2 mainboards, I had to pay to send it back for replacement - had it 1 day before it blew and about 2 weeks before getting the authorization to send it back 

post-2742-0-55593300-1363283859_thumb.jp

Ok im thinking of getting the 34" SC with stand...and maybe the 5-in-1 heatpress to do shirts and hats.....

Hopefully i can make some money.

Looks to be about $1059 with some addons and starter kits.

I already have a bud at work who owns a resort wanting stuff.

And i know the bikers i ride with will want stuff...and my atv/dirtbike buds will definetly want stuff.

Ok what am i doing wrong with my text...some of the letters the blade cuts it nice and smooth, other letters the blade jiggs back and forth again and again creating ruff outer edges...

the image i did in Illustrator..  i had the text with it too..but for some reason the text font woulndt import..but i do have the font installed and it works in Signblazer....so i just used the font in SB...

the Rs and the Ns cut fine...but the A , G, E..dont...

heres the example..look closely at the text

20130406_230618_zps0e097c3d.jpg

are your files clean in the SB Files? lookes like raster vector conversions

how do i clean that up...just not understanding why some letters do it and others dont...

Looks like your offset isnt set correctly. Take a close up of the problem areas. 

Do a search for offset

post-23799-0-58697600-1365875466_thumb.p

i did the offset and that square and triangle cuts fine and smooth.....

its just some letters it cuts choppy.....like in the RANGER, the letters A, G, E cuts choppy but the Rs and N are fine and smooth.

The blade does the smooth cuts, and then for the other letters, it jiggs back and forth cutting it instead of one fluid motion .

It doesnt have to be that square and triangle. Any corner that has the little wiffer deal means your offset is not set correctly. 

one of 2 things - either you digitized the letters (didn't do that part with adding text) or the blade is not spinning freely