gcextreme

new here need help on purchase

jet pro soft stretch - transfer paper for whites and lights - you will need a printer with pigment ink to use it - laserpoint also is a manual only contour - the cheapest one I can think of is a gcc expert 24 lx

mugs get the cactus wraps if you buy a sublimation printer - only way the bottom and handle will not draw the heat away and not give you fade in those areas - but you are talking more money there - no contour needed for sublimation - but must be used wtih polyester only

Oh ok..so i will just stick with a shirt heat press.. But do i need a cutter that does contour cutting for that ? Or will the 34" SC cutter work?

It depends on what you're planning to press onto the shirts - if you're going to inkjet print onto a transfer material (like the Jet Pro Soft Stretch mentioned above) then you may want to contour cut around your design, especially when transferring to dark fabrics, to get rid of the extra white background.

If you're talking about cutting solid colored heat press vinyl and pressing that, then you don't need a contour feature on your cutter.

Thank you.....that helps alot...

That gccc expert24lx he mentioned is like $695 (no stand?) and im wanting something bigger like a 31-34".

So im torn between the SC 34" the Laserpoint 2 31" or maybe that gccexpert 24". But i dont have an inkjet printer setup.

I was just going to start with heat transfer vinyl solid colors....

And getting that large 15" clam shell heat press for the shirts...

Any suggestions on what i should get?!

Thank you.....that helps alot... That gccc expert24lx he mentioned is like $695 (no stand?) and im wanting something bigger like a 31-34". So im torn between the SC 34" the Laserpoint 2 31" or maybe that gccexpert 24". But i dont have an inkjet printer setup. I was just going to start with heat transfer vinyl solid colors.... And getting that large 15" clam shell heat press for the shirts... Any suggestions on what i should get?!

very true, just saying that  is about the cheapest one with real auto contour cutting  -  it is all in what you want in a cutter and how much fiddling you want to do - there are people on here that have contour with an mh and flexi starter using the knife as a pointer - not my cup of tea as the time is not worth the benefit but if it doesn;t matter then go the cheapest  - it is just about making an informed decistion not trying to sway you in any direction

Yeah... i understand...

I just dont have an inkjet printer setup...not yet...maybe in the future...

I just need a cutter for about 85% doing graphic decals...and 15% heat transfer vinyl shirts.....

So im torn at which cutter to get!! :huh:?

I would like something bigger than 24"...and will last many years....long enuff to make more $$ to get a professional cutter...

Why isnt there a basket option for the SC series?:huh:?

As you are torn on the cutter size, check out how much vinyl selection is available for the size you think you want

As you are torn on the cutter size, check out how much vinyl selection is available for the size you think you want

Not sure what u mean?

It comes in all different sizes....right?

I see on the uscutter stuff they habe 12" , 24" and up.

How many colors do you see in 30" as opposed to 24". How much do you see in 32-34"

Most 24" cutters cut 24" on some it is slightly smaller unless you turn off auto sensors

That site has the graphtec for $1400...

Maybe i will wait another month or two and save up enuff for that graphtec...i really wanted to get something soon to have some stuff for my booth at my bike chapters big bike show...we have tons of vendors and lots of bikes and displays and food and auctions and raffles...

Ive had a booth there now for 3 yrs for my web design and graphics and i always at least get one client...hell alot of bikers own their own business and need a website. Even some of the other vendors..plus all the general public that come thru to look at the bikes and eat...every year the bike show has gotten bigger.

The first year i was involved we had 4500 people come thru. The second year wr had about 8000. And last year we almost had 10000. This year we have so many vendors and bikes that we are using both hockey arenas at the fair grounds.

There are booths for custom painting and patches but none for vinyl graphics...thats why i was in a hurry to get a cutter and get stuff started.

Has anyone done any business with Ordway Sign Supply?

http://www.signsupply.com/hardware/Graphtec/ce-5000.asp

Those Graphtec cutters won't be there long for $1400, They are putting them on sale because the new models are out.  I doubt any store has any quantity of them..  Better hurry.  And they are great machines.

That graphtec ce5000 will work with Adobe Illustrator??

Looks like it doesnt come with any software or anything else either ?

Those Graphtec cutters won't be there long for $1400, They are putting them on sale because the new models are out.  I doubt any store has any quantity of them..  Better hurry.  And they are great machines.

Well sob...i may have to call and order it today??

I have about $3000 in my checkings...but wanted to wait till i got 2 more paychecks .

How do u go about deducting this as a business expense come tax time?

Nobody is telling you to buy it.  Just telling you, they are discontinued. and on sale. When they are gone there, they are gone. Very easy to ask how many they have.

All tax info is available online. 

Thanks jay.

Im torn between the 34" SC and the 31" Laserpoint 2....

Not sure which to get.....i like the idea of countor cutting with the laserpoint 2....

A graphtec and roland are out of my price range....my first budget was $500...but the wife and i decided we can pull another $400-500 out of our savings...

I own the SC, it's OK, but I would tend to believe the LPII is a better machine, from the way it's built.

Both the SC and LPII will contour cut (I don't have a printer, so that's not something I'm involved in with my SC)

You can go around and around in circles regarding which "budget cutter" to purchase, and at the end of the day, you just have to bite the bullet and place an order and get started, and go from there.

most are out of the ce-5000's already - they had been letting stock diminish before the ce6000 was announced

Well heres my final choices

Laserpoint II 34" with stand and basket and an oracal 651 starter kit and weeding supply kit for $970.

Graphtec ce5000 with stand and nothing else for $1400.

About a $430 difference...

If i go with the graphtec i will love the servos....but will i hate that its only 24"?

If i go with the LPII with loud slow stepper motors but be able to do up to 34"...

This is tuff..

On one hand i cant justify the graphtec..will i do enuff work and make enuff money to justify it or is it overkill.

On the otherhand if i get the LP2 and im doing alot of stuff and may wish i got the graphtec for only $400 more..

I talked to the wife and she says its up to me...she says if i get the better expensive machine and decide to sell it that it would probably be easier and faster to sell than the cheaper one.

But she also says the more expensive one will probably last longer than the cheaper one and we can keep it for many years..

Also the auto contouring feature will be a plus down the road.

And if i make enuff money i can always invest in a cheaper cutter for larger/wider stuff...

Guys im litterally on the fence..i have the lp2 in a shopping cart in one browser window and the graphtec in a cart in another window.

I spent $3000  delivered on my new FC7000-75 in 2008,  It paid for it'self in 5-6 weeks.  But I work hard, and advertise. Do great quality work, service, and have a lot of repeat buyers.

choices - selection of oracal 651 in 24" and 30" vinyl - actually missing about 4 on hte 24" couldn't get them all on the screen  

graphtec has much better resale price and what is 400 over the life of the machine if it saves you the headaches - wish I had known early what I know now after using 12+ diferent machines!

post-2742-0-23559000-1363446161_thumb.jp

Ok so more color choices with the 24"...

Hmmm

Im really thinking of getting the graphtec...

do a search on how many peole are sorry they bought a graphtec - and the same or any other value cutter

Tried calling Ordway signs and get no answer....i did get an email from them a bit ago...