So far i've had quite a few smaller odd jobs that worked themselves out quickly, this one however is starting to give me a headache.

So i have a local school that wants some yardsigns and banners made. I know what my raw materials are going for, and i have a good idea of what my time will look like, but i'm struggling to figure out whether i'm in the ballpark of even being competitive...

Request is as follows:

Coroplast yardsigns -- one color, easy text on 12x18 sign. need 10 of these

Vinyl Banner, -- size of banner would be 34x48. one color text in three lines, 2x 2color logos  that are 12x18, the kicker on this, they are looking for double sided on the banner.

Pricing wise, i've been able to sell the yardsigns at 12.50/piece in the past, but 125 dollars for 10 of them seems high ? or maybe i'm just thinking with my own pockets...

The banners are where i'm getting lost at, my gut tells me, they need to go for at least 75/each for me to make any money on and feel good about it, i've seen some lowball offers online i'm really not looking to compete with, so would my pricing fall in line with anything reasonable? 

Total of the project would come out close to $275 for 10 yardsigns and 2 double sided banners. Material wise, i'd be around 90-100 for the order, so the rest would cover time. I have not considered what to charge for designwork as i will need to convert the two color logos to cuttable files. any input appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

you should call the local sign shops and price them. then you will know what you are up against. as for me i do banners at 5.00 per sqft. and yard signs i can only get 10.00 for a single sided 18x24. hope this helps

I think your pricing seems fair...... the problem is that a lot of schools usually get items at a real low price from the bigger sign shops. I would stick with your normal pricing as you would do anything else. If they continue to do business with you, then you may be able to offer a better pricing on more orders....... As you stated, you haven't even figured in the design / set-up time plus the potential of messing up a sign or banner and having to remake...... plus maybe driving / delivering to school, etc...... I do agree with jfought..... if you want to be competive, just call your local sign shop and see what their going rates are.

Thanks for the words, I ended up getting the job at my rates I mentioned above, so I'll use that as a guide going forward.