Sign in to follow this  
randalle

need to cut outside of pinch roller, please help!

Brand new 6000-60, trying to cut a contour cut and you need 2.5" of space on your X (right to left) axis outside of your reg marks..... that's 5" of wasted width on a sheet!  I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if you were printing / cutting 54" stuff... but I'm working with 13" media.

Is there a setting I can turn off?  

I'm not even trying to actually cut outside of the rollers, just get the ARMS to work oustide of them so my ARMS will see the registration marks on my media.

It is located in your user manual . Turn them off.  If you don't have a user manual you can find one at Graphtec America. Look up your cutter and user manual

Is there a name or something specific I can look for?  I am looking through the user manual off of their website.  Haven't found it yet.

On the CE5000 it is under Special settings.   For the CE5000, you just hit the down arrow while turning the cutter on... I don't know how different the cutters are.  

Look at 4-3  and on...EXPAND, 

Thanks for the help MzS.  I'll look into whether I want to move forward with those sensors.  I do like the media sensor for regular vinyl.  I figured out my issue -

destruction manual says, I'm paraphrasing here... "You might be SOL (sh*t outta luck) IF:  you have laminated media, markings on your media near your registrations (such as a carrier sheet with a grid on it), sensor issues, or the cutting mat could be being read in.

Yeah.  I had all those.  

What happened was I would turn it on and send the job and it would scan the media and find (randomly) any other crap axis except the actual reg marks... then lock itself from going any further on X which is what I needed it to do to actually hit the real reg mark.  I destroyed a few large printed and laminated sheets figuring that out.  : )

So what I had to do was go and sorta pre-position the sensor, after I turned it down to a setting of "50" on X, so that it could find the proper reg mark.  This is process is way more art than science.  Destroyed a few more laminated prints figuring that out.

So my issue is semi-solved.  smh.  Stress.

Have you tried using the expand setting for the pinch rollers? It allows you to cut outside the wheels... I don't know if can contour cut with that but it allows you to designs past them.

I did try that.  One key aspect I was missing was to center my blade in my reg mark before sending the cut job.  You know, right in the middle of the _|

Once I started doing that, I had a tremendously improved success rate. Not a lot of 411 out there yet that I've been able to find on cutting master 3.  I pretty much have it dialed in now though.  One other thing I did was reduce the default margin of .964 (ish) to .220 for my reg marks.  That helped reduce the wasted space.  As of this evening I'm (printed jpss on WF1100) contour cutting 40" prints for a large order of T's.  Working like a champ!

I'm lovin' me some graphtec.