scuba steve

Another New guy

Hello everyone , Im very new to the cutter world been looking around here for a few days, Im looking to get a new cutter, I have the cameo now and its ok but small, Im looking at the Mh 871 or the Mh 1351,so 34in or 50in ,is 50in to big ? is 34in to small , its like when i bought my new tv I had a 65in and i wanted to upgrade to a bigger one so i was looking at 70in to 92in I got the 82in one 92 was just to much  lol   Im looking at making posters with the plotter and vinly cutting any feed back would be great

PS Just a side note the one thing I have learned  the most from the people here is make sure I get  stand

Steve, good to see ya.

Think of it this way:  You'll have to prepare a huge work area in order to accommodate the 4' wide materials that will be rolling out of the 50" cutter. That includes an oversized table, wider app tapes, and of course, the bigger rolls of vinyl need storage space, too.

My 34" cutter in a retail sign environment is totally manageable  --- I store 30" rolls on racks; I'm working on a 4x8 table; and my app tapes are varied from 6" to 30" widths, which are all within my capability to handle single-handedly.

I suspect that as a beginner, you'll immediately be overwhelmed with a 50" cutter, especially coming from the cameo.

Do you want to verify that a 50" cutter is required? Dowload and install SignBlazerElements, and play around with it, doing texts and fooling with the Library (DRAW menu).  See if you can fill up a 4' wide area.

Let us know what you discover.

Hello and Welcome from Florida.

Howdy from Texas..... I have a 24" and so far have come across 1 job that I had to splice down the middle because my cutter was to small.... the 34 would have handled it for sure but the splice was so perfect..... it didn't matter.  It just depends on the size of the stuff you want to get into.

I had a mh-1351 - didn't get much use on the larger stuff so I downsized on the next upgrade - took up too much room for me.  I did the same thing with my printer = had a 54" and if I had a store would have stayed with that for big banners but working from home I went back to a  30" - I just outsourse the larger stuff I get a call for a couple of times a year.  I am able to do 95 percent in house and still accomodate the bigger with oursourcing.

Hello from Minneapolis!

I have 2   28 inch cutters and they work fine for everything i have had to do 

I agree with the above. I bought a 48" P-Cut and to date the biggest vinyl I have cut is 30" and mostly 24" or 15" . I used it once as a plotter on a 48" pice of paper for a project for my kids that was it. I am looking to upgrade and downsize to a 30" this season.

I have a 34" cutter but typically I only use 24" sign vinyl and 15" heat transfer vinyl. I got the 34" cutter within a deal that I couldn't refuse from uscutter on ebay, but after a year and some change of cutting part time for paying customers (1-2 items a day) I have yet to need the whole 34" cutting area. The largest decal I have cut was 22"x65". I just dont see myself needing 50" of cutter, maybe some people do but I have never seen the need for it.