imarcnut

what can you use?

Okay, I have a customer who wants to letter their vehicle windows BUT they want to remove the lettering Friday night

and replace them Monday morning, the windows are tinted so we can't use static film on the inside.

Is there a product that is removable and replaceable on glass that can handle the rigors of daily driving?

And of course they don't want magnetic because it will scratch the paint.

Any ideas greatly appreciated

Bill

Get some clear static cling,do the lettering on it. On and off as much as you want. If you use floresant maybe it will show through the tint.

wait a sec... I've never seen magnetic scratch paint. Magnetic sheeting is not metal.. and I've had magnetic bumper stickers on and off my car dozens of times.

But you probably take care of your magnetic sheets john. Most people just take them off and throw them in the trunk, etc and don't clean them or even clean the spot before putting them back on.

this is very true. However, I think these people are wanting to have their cake and eat it too. I can't think of anything except static cling that is removable like that..and their windows are obviously tinted very dark. Never had that problem around here because we have laws against windows being that dark.

I agree w/ya John. There's not many options for them. There is the newer low tack repostionable material, but it's not made to take off friday and put back on monday.

well,if someone came to me and wanted that...I would say to them: so you only want to advertise your business 5 days a week? Then I would offer coroplast and duct tape and watch them hit the door. But then, I can be cranky with people like that.

Thanks guys.

I didn't think there was anything like that around. I can see these people scratching their paint by lack of cleaning with a magnetic sign.

This is a privacy 1/4 glass on a Ford Escape, pretty dark stuff for vinyl to show through and still look okay.

I could just give them a grease stick and they can have a different saying every week though  ;)