Sign in to follow this  
deceptiveclothing

how to apply vinyl decals to windows using frog juice any help?

I am a newbie and recently aquired a job with a local construction company out here doing their company logos on their work trucks. I heard that applying vinyl "wet" is what should be done to postion and to move all air bubbles. I never done this or used this stuff before any tips or techniques from you pros would be great. If you spray onto window first? or just the decal top or what not..thanks for any feedback.  ;)

Definitely don't use frog juice for applying wet. I'm not sure if you are trying to clearcoat the decal or apply it wet.

For wet application I use an alcohol, soap, and water mixture. I clean the surface, spray it down with my mixture, position the decal, squeegee the water out, let it sit for a little bit (usually about a minute but can vary on surfaces), spray the top of the app tape, peel off the tape, then wipe down the decal. Sounds like a long process but it's not too bad.

As for the frog juice clear coat, I clear coat most of my banners and signs with it. Spray it on, let it dry for about 5 mins, and you're all set. Make sure it's clean before you spray and you are in a well ventilated area or you'll pass out.