Sign in to follow this  
JonThePaschal

Flexistarter 8.5 Not Showing MH-871-MK2

For a while Ive been testing out Flexi 10 for Windows and my MH-871 runs just fine (I was using a friends PC laptop). Recently I bought the Mac version of Flexistarter 8.5 and I cannot get the software (Production Manager) to recognize the cutter on my Mac via USB as it does on my friends Windows machine. 

Im running:

OSX 10.8.2

Flextstarter 8.5

MH871-MK2

I have tried numerous fixes found on this site and others with no help. I have installed drivers FTDI USB Serial Driver v2.2.18 found on another forum post. I have tried setting the vinyl cutter as a Roland PN-1000 and reinstalled the drivers, but still nothing shows up under the USB option. 

Is my only choice to buy a serial converter in order to use this software with my Mac? I saw a pinned thread and several others about this device and how to run the drivers. It just seems as if I should be able to run the software with out it somehow. 

Any help will be appreciated. 

Indeed it does. I bought the cutter from US Cutter on eBay a little over a year ago. I dont recall reading it in the description at the time or I would have chosen a different model. 

Thanks for the link Mz. Skeeter. Maybe Ill try the USB-Serial converter and see if it works since other members seem to have good results. 

Edit: I been reading through the Support links on uscutter.com and they suggest using the converter as well. They even give set up instructions fro MH series for Macs. Ill post up my results after I obtain the KeySpan converter. 

I think I may have tried that. But Ill take another look. I know I installed any drivers I could find. Its just frustrating to think that I spent the money on software that I may not be able to use. If nothing else Ill take the hit, learn from the mistake and move on.

Again thanks for the help.