petroman2012

2 color-3 color cut

Having more experience with LXi Pro when it comes to seperating color cuts leads me to ask this. I have only been using the SCALP for ohhhhh 60 days, I have come to a wall where I THINK i have looked at what seems little to minimal tutorials when it comes to doing 2-3 color cuts. I understand the registered marks and with all that is fine but I can not find LIKE under LXi the element where I can SEE the color seperation layers or screens for each "piece" of the graphic that I want to cut and join as 1 piece...Sooooo...If someone wants to lead me by the nose feel free as I am not afraid to learn from my errors...Any help would be appreciated...

I'll look into it . I was using SCALPro the other day & a small window came up on the lower right that had each design by color listed . I assumed it was a setting to have that show or not . I cant get my pointer to act right on this computer with SCALPro . I have had a computer guy do a bunch of stuff remotely , but he has not gotten it figured out yet . I'll be using SCALPro alot more when I can select what I want instead of everything :) .

http://www.craftedge.com/tutorials/tutorials.php#12 This is the tutorial Craft Edge has on their website . I'll have to watch it . I'll also have to search to find where to open the layer window . Edit ; it is in " Window " on the tool bar . The Page option is cleverly in the " Page " tool & on the right side of the work space ... I catch on sooner or later :)

The link goes to the tutorial page . The tutorial I started watching was number 8 " Pages " in the Interface Overview section .

Having more experience with LXi Pro when it comes to seperating color cuts leads me to ask this. I have only been using the SCALP for ohhhhh 60 days, I have come to a wall where I THINK i have looked at what seems little to minimal tutorials when it comes to doing 2-3 color cuts. I understand the registered marks and with all that is fine but I can not find LIKE under LXi the element where I can SEE the color seperation layers or screens for each "piece" of the graphic that I want to cut and join as 1 piece...Sooooo...If someone wants to lead me by the nose feel free as I am not afraid to learn from my errors...Any help would be appreciated...

SCAL3Pro puts each item you place on the mat on a new layer - to see how to work with 2 color designs just make sure the Layers window is showing (click on Windows-Layers in menu - or Ctrl-1 will toggle it on and off.  Also have the Library window showing (click on Window My Library or Ctrl-2 - to toggle it on or off. 

Then  click Basic shapes and select one of the flower shapes which consist of 2 colors.- if you look at the layers window you will see a layer with the shape in 2 colors shown in the thumbnail.  There is a triangle icon to the right of this thumbnal - clicking on it which will expand the layers below just like an outline.  There is an "eye" icon - on each layer and also on each sublayer.  If it is open the shape is shown and will cut - if it is closed the shape is hidden and will not cut.  There s also a "Lock" icon - it does what you would expect - locks and unlocks the layer/sublayer.

• Like 1

Tank you Tank you...I am pulling double duty on call and it hasnt been a picnic..What is it about card-reader's and idiots at (no offense)Walmart....I have had more late evening calls to go and simply reboot their server or call their network to be told that THEY should have called instead of sending me....I might be able to consentrate this week coming as Saturdays and Sundays see to be a religous thing to those who go shopping to blow their wad on everything on their debit card and then they wonder why the dam thing wont work at the gas station when they really need it....God Bless the American Debit Society cus they keep me cuss'in and swearin I will get outta this business one day...

Enough ranting...I am trying to get into 2-3 color on SCALP but it takes a clear mind and lots of coffee and cigarettes.....I'm outta pain killers...

hard to compare a hobby program with flexi -(ve-lxi master pro is private labled flexi pro)

Well when I bought my first R31 it came with Apprentice Lxi and they started calling my home asking if I wanted to up grade with a 190 dollar merchandise purchase it would be free sooo....But I found this forum and US CUTTER so I bought LP II, I like SCALP as some ways simplicity, and soon as more funds roll in after bills I am getting a 2nd LP II as I like it, seriously but I want to get this color thing down as I did with the lxi s/ware...

Teach'in the wife about Vector, the cutter and so on, not bad, she s a quick learner...Will be able to spend more time practicing after this weekend as OFF CALL finally let the youngons work for a change..

MAR's: You are the man..I just looked and fooled with what you described and sure enough there it is..You are 100% percent on the money fella..I appreciate that tutorial you put in front of me.....Now I am waiting on a shippment from US CUTTER I made friday nite of some "mat: vinyl...getting requests from the old-lady posting some of my cuttings on her face page..Might make a few bucks yet....Thank you..I owe you one...