motoxchic

What option do you select after you send the cut?

I cannot seem to get a consistent action from my options after sending my cut. 

If I Hit REWIND...it usually puts the vinyl back to the beginning where it started cutting (but not consistently).

If I use STOP AFTER CUT while its cutting it usually stops, fwds to let me cut off without advancing the vinyl.

If I use CANCLE, it wreaks all kinds of havoc.  Usually the fan starts up and it starts to roll back the vinyl.

What do you do? And does the machine matter?  I have a Graphtec CE6000.  I used SCP with my USC SC24 and am used to it, so I have been learning my Graphtec with it.

I like to cut, and have it fwd out the vinyl just past my last weed line so I can cut without moving anything.

I have the USC SC34 and always use the stop after cut option. When the cut is done, I set the cutter to local to advance the vinyl to the cutting strip and return it back to origin when the cut is done. Has been working fine for me since I have been using Sign Cut.

I think my inconsistency is when I pick an option DURING a cut vs. AFTER a cut?  If I dont pick anything and just let it cut, it forwards it just enough for me to come in a cut it off. 

For example, I just cut, cut off my piece, switched rolls and went back to SCP.  The dialog box was up from my last cut, so I just picked STOP AFTER CUT.  My cutter then starts rolling vinyl out the front ?!  Same thing if I pick CANCEL I think.  And if I pick REWIND, it will usually send it out the back and it falls to the floor. :|  Cant seem to win on that scenario...

I think my inconsistency is when I pick an option DURING a cut vs. AFTER a cut?  If I dont pick anything and just let it cut, it forwards it just enough for me to come in a cut it off. 

For example, I just cut, cut off my piece, switched rolls and went back to SCP.  The dialog box was up from my last cut, so I just picked STOP AFTER CUT.  My cutter then starts rolling vinyl out the front ?!  Same thing if I pick CANCEL I think.  And if I pick REWIND, it will usually send it out the back and it falls to the floor. :|  Cant seem to win on that scenario...

why are you using scp instead of cutmaster 3?

Ha! You caught me, lol.  I have just not had ANY time to get into it yet, but I will.  For now, I know SCP and can "easily" just cut with it.  Except for the jumping up to my machine everytime, I try to close out my cut with a selection, for fear my vinyl will take off in one direction or the other!