So today I was doing a cut of 36" x 10 1/2" and it stopped cutting half way through and then the cutter just stopped and appon restarting it, I noticed I had zero blade pressure and it wouldnt lift either. I am guessing the z-chip went out. Wondering how is the right way to test this with the 9-volt battery?

Also, is there another sourse for these chips or are they a pre-programmed chip? I have a huge electronic parts supplier somewhat local (digikey) and if I could cross referance the chip I would rather go that route. Plus US Cutters $9 shipping for a tiny chip is completely outragous! I could see buying 500+ chips but for only 1 or 2 of them, thats a bit on the price gouging side.

refine this time of year - 90 percent chance of it being a z-chip.  did you already have the cutter and stand bonded with a ground wire?

I did at one time but I moved recently and I just threw it together quick and it came back to bite me. I have had this for almost 4 years and not a single issue till now when I got in a hurry. lol

And yes, it is dry as could be in this house in the winter. My old place had a centeral humifier kinda thing so I never had an issue as it was never dry in the house.

I was having trouble with the printer/cutter contouring correctly - seemed the encoder strip was getting fouled at an amazing rate.  then I noticed the dog was staticy when he was near me - the central humidifier was turned down - not sure why because the last one we put in has an outdoor sensor and adjust itself according to the weather.  all better now and stuff isn't being attracted to the plastic encoder strip.

I wonder if the Z-Chip is preprogrammed with anything (Specific code) cause I have found a source for them that is only like $3 shipping for about 10 of them and have them in 2 days. lol

looks like it is just a quad amp to up the power for the selenoid.  I just ordered 5 of them for 3.19 with free shipping for a board I replaced while back before they had the chip separately.  unfortunately i will have to wait for another older 721 to come along at the right price to test it.  it is free shipping from hong kong so it coule take a while to get her.    if it wasn't for the shipping the mark up on these is not as bad as the markup on the memory chips for this cutter - they just need a first class shipping option

US Cutters $9 shipping for a tiny chip is completely outragous!

I am sure you already thought of this, but do you need more vinyl, transfer tape, blades or other supplies? that would offset the price of shipping for

just the chip...

I dont. I just picked up a bunch of supplies from my local supplier this morning before this happened.

I will have to wait and call them on Monday and see what they can do.

Recieved my z-chip(s) and I am back in business.

Now I ordered a good number of them and I wonder if I could offer some of them to people that just need a zchip and dont want to pay $9 for shipping just for a single chip or two. I dont want to take away from thier sales but I hate to see people pay $9 shipping for something that should only cost a like 2-3 dollars tops to ship priority mail. Just thinking out loud again. :)

Recieved my z-chip(s) and I am back in business.

Now I ordered a good number of them and I wonder if I could offer some of them to people that just need a zchip and dont want to pay $9 for shipping just for a single chip or two. I dont want to take away from thier sales but I hate to see people pay $9 shipping for something that should only cost a like 2-3 dollars tops to ship priority mail. Just thinking out loud again. :)

did you try one of the generic ones yet?   also even just a envelope priority is about $5.00  - first class would be cheaper

I didnt get them from US Cutter and they are ST chips so no genaric. Picked them up from my electronics supplier. Just cross referanced the numbers off the old one and good to go.

First class would be about $3 tops im sure. I send out a lot of small stuff like that via usps and its usually in that area.

• Like 1

Was u having the problem with the blade looses pressure?  I'm having this issue now. Please let me know if this zchip worked for sure and do u have any left

!  I have a MH721.

Yes, the Z-Chip fixed my issue and yes, I have a few left. Will send you a message. ^-^