Graphtecs do not need it.  They are better built machines.  I have used my machine almost 7 years never a problem. Which is why you can use USB with it 

Why is this post in the Refine cutter section?  ;D

also you will notice on the graphtec that the metal part it sits on actually meets the bottom of the cutter - that and with the all metal rollers that again are on metal bearings allows the rolls to be grounded thru the cutter.  the cheaper chinese cutters often sit on rubber feet on the stand and have plastic where the rollers meet the stand.  Quality design in the graphtec makes sure everything is grounded properly like skeeter said

Graphtecs do not need it.  They are better built machines.  I have used my machine almost 7 years never a problem. Which is why you can use USB with it 

Why is this post in the Refine cutter section?  ;D

Oh, oops!  wrong section :)

Ok, good to know, I was thinking the image in the user manual was maybe referring to the outlet ground plug.  One more thing to check off my "getting used to my new cutter" list :thumbsup:

do make sure the outlet is grounded - that is essential to the entire cutter being grounded - don't use a 2 prong adapter LOL

I have an SC Series cutter and the stand that it came with I removed the rubber feet and mounted it right to my stand.  Full metal bottom against the 4 contact points that the stand has.   I do have a ground wire that I had made from a solid copper wire that was used for grounding in a lab.   Still had a static problem.   Dryer sheets work wonders.  Place some in your rolls of vinyl, near your vinyl, and I wipe down the cutter with them as well.  Had a major problem lastnight threw today with Flexi not being able to cut.  Stopped half way threw.   Wiped down all my vinyl and the cutter with the dryer sheets and walla everything works again.