motoxchic

The tips of my A's are lifting, advice?

Just to followup, it seems the inconsistency in weeding from the different sides only is present when something is not adjust right.  I set more down pressure and added a little more blade and everything went good today.

Coaster, I do think there is something to be said for font here also.  The biggest issue I have is with Franklin Gothic Black (the A's).  I was also getting some lift on a few of the logos, but not as bad or consistent.

I am still not sure what changed, but adding blade and pressure has totally helped and since its still not cutting through the backing, I am going with it :)

I just downloaded Franklin Gothic Black SSI, not sure what the ssi is, or if its any different then the one you are using. But my font looks fine, I didnt find any problem areas. I didnt try to cut it though.

What you can do to rule out your font is view the font in outline mode. You may need to convert the font to a path before it will show in outline mode. Then look at your problem area and see if the out line over laps anywhere. Or has a large concentration of nodes. Or anything else that doesn't look right. If your not sure take a screen shot zoomed up real close and Ill take a look. 

I think there is something there :)  It put 2 nodes to make the "V" cut.

Can you see these images? (trying to figure out the Public drop box folder)  There is an R and an A

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public

I am about done cutting that font, but now I can troubleshoot more effectively next time if that is the issue.

That link takes me to my pubic folder. can you just attach the file here?