motoxchic

The tips of my A's are lifting, advice?

slow your speed below 10 and make sure your bearing in the holder has been lubed with a drop of lightweight oil

Yes, I will post as soon as I have another one not weeded.

slow your speed below 10 and make sure your bearing in the holder has been lubed with a drop of lightweight oil

10?  Whoa, that is slow, but I will try, I think the slowest I did was 20.  Is that for more complex fonts or detail?  It does it also on the large block letters, but not consistently.

For the lube...is this where I should be looking the manual?  I need to find out where that is exactly, lol. And would hair clipper oil be considered light weight?

hair clipper oil - a drop in the bottom of the blade hooder once a year is good enough.  never had it happen on big stuff just the small detailed stuff

post-2742-0-16263500-1362111708_thumb.jp

Thats beautiful!  I am cutting Franklin Gothic Heavy letters about 3" tall...big enough.  Its not on every sharp angle, but mostly the A or the right middle side of the R or B.  The vinyl is black, so a photo is not coming out well at all.  The machine is new...would oil still be an issue? (just checking :) )  I trust you know of what you speak lol.

Like Dakota said ,slow your machine down.. I never run over 6-7 speed. and I get perfect cuts. I'm not in a real big hurry, or I wouldn't even have time to help people like you, on here..  Usually when letters are lifting, the blade is exposed too much out of blade holder. . Make sure your blade is set correctly.  I have written that a zillion times on here.

• Like 1

Also check your font real close to make sure its safe to cut with a cutter. Not all fonts are created equal. Check it in outline to make sure its good. Ive had fonts have little wifferdals at the ends that you couldnt see unless you zoomed way in. 

6-7 IS slow (and I probably am in a bit of a hurry), I will try that and check my blade again.  Figured since it was cutting the rest fine, it was ok.   I have to change out to the clean cut blades I have, so now would be a good time.

Font looks good in outline view :thumbsup:  Thanks all (again) for the help.

6-7 IS slow (and I probably am in a bit of a hurry), I will try that and check my blade again.  Figured since it was cutting the rest fine, it was ok.   I have to change out to the clean cut blades I have, so now would be a good time.

Font looks good in outline view :thumbsup:  Thanks all (again) for the help.

Make sure you start with too little blade and drop your pressure to about a 10 or 11 to start with that cleancut.  then work your way up

Like Dakota said ,slow your machine down.. I never run over 6-7 speed. and I get perfect cuts. I'm not in a real big hurry, or I wouldn't even have time to help people like you, on here..  Usually when letters are lifting, the blade is exposed too much out of blade holder. . Make sure your blade is set correctly.  I have written that a zillion times on here.

...and much appreciated!

Make sure you start with too little blade and drop your pressure to about a 10 or 11 to start with that cleancut.  then work your way up

got it.  thank you!

That cleancut will probably last you a year - not so much when people break the tip off first thing - not common but have a friend that did it -

I run on 20 a lot at shows so I don't have customers waiting- with 751 though I often only am at 11 for pressure... I would check your blade depth.

I noticed on some of my weeded stuff, the blade has been cutting into the backing slightly (dang it).  Seems to apply ok, still (the black 751 is pretty soft and likes my transfer I guess), but not where I want to be! 

I have tried shortening the blade in tiny increments, and in order to get a "dent" in my paper, it is hard to weed.  If I get a slight "score" in the backing its weedable, but still have lifting.  I have tried different pressure up to 14.

I feel like I'm going in circles with depth vs pressure, lol.  

... make sure your bearing in the holder has been lubed with a drop of lightweight oil

I could not get on the forum this weekend to check this so I have not tried yet...where exactly an I oiling, the bottom of the holder (like the blue part)?  Sorry to be a little dense :huh:

Have not put CC Blade in yet...afraid to start from scratch again.  Thought if I got this dialed in, I would know where to go for the CC.

put the cleancut in - the beauty of a graphtec is you can change blades and not change the adjustment as they are done on differrent ends - when you take the blade out (removing the bottom of the blade holder) just put a drop of lightweight oil in the bearing and blot dry.  this shouldn't be a problem on a new graphtec though.  change that blade and I think your adjustment will be much easier

I had to check -  on your cuter they changed the bottom plastic from black to blue , so yes the blue bottom is the part you remove

Um, that blade is amazing!!!  Just got off the phone with CCB, they helped me adjust t and we are golden.  I think my original blade has a bad spot (worn spot?).  Cut some smalllllll letters (at 25 speed on accident) and they look awesome, weed easy and I officially have a "dent" in my backing. 

I am going to power out some vinyl today and see how it goes with those dang "A's".  The adjustments last night were just not making sense.  :blink:   I couldn't win.  Thank you again for your help!

• Like 2

glad you got it - once you go cleancut you will  never go back to chinese!  :)

So, its having an issue again...all of a sudden its impossible to weed, so I upped the pressure to 7, then 8.  I have some slight lifting now :(  Still using 751, text changed a little...but to more basic.  :huh:  What could have happened without doing anything?  It was cutting perfect.

what font are you using? Im sticking to my first thought of a bad font. 

I am not sure, they are vector logos?  It just cut fine right after I talked to the very helpful people at CCB.   I even cut the same logo and it is not cutting well at all.   Seems like my dent got less and my cuts are very sticky....the vinyl glue even stretched a little between the lines.  And it was freshly cut.  :|

Did you buy the logo or convert it? Can you view the logo in outline mode and look very close at the trouble spots. Make sure it doesnt have any wierd nodes or lines. 

The same color and brand of vinyl can behave differently. Ive never seen it but I dont move high volumes of vinyl. I would add a little more pressure. 

Logos are direct from the manufacturers advertising packs.  If it was consistent I could see that, but they have all cut/weeded fine under the right cutter conditions (with the exception of the the pointed areas on some).

Now, the different color vinyl might make sense?  Seems the 751 black is like electrical tape, very soft, where as the blue is a little tougher.  Weird.  I increased the pressure by +2 last night and even adjusted my blade out a little more and it was better to weed, but still not ideal.  Got blurry eyed last night, so I will play with it some more this morning.

Here is something else interesting.  I am convinced that one side of my machine weeds better than the other. I have cut over 300 ft of vinyl in the past week and it always seems one side weeds easier.  AND the lifting is not consistent throught the whole cut of A letters.

Would this be something to call Graphtec about...its new so I still have some tech support options.